ID state shoot 2018

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Saw this posted on the NMLRA site.
Lewis & Ron should be all over it...

Attachments

• ID st shoot .jpg
    ID st shoot .jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 175
Looks like fun! I’ve got way to much going on to make that one. That is down in Ron’s Neck of the woods, Right at 500 Miles for me.

Cadeuses said:
Idaholewis said:
Right at 500 Miles for me.

You must be near Elmira to be at 500 miles away?

I Know elmira fairly well! I fell timber there a couple years ago on some REALLY Steep Rock Cliff Ground there, about 15-20 Log Truck loads worth. I live in Priest River, 471 Miles to Kuna Idaho according to Maps. That is a looooooong Haul in a Little Wore out Toyota 4X4 pickup with WAY over a 1/4 Million miles on it! :D And it being my only vehicle at the present time.

The only shoots i have seen that are within reasonable distance of me is those Rendezvous things, But I just can’t make myself Play that Game, NO OFFENSE to those that do, if it floats ur boat, trips ur trigger, etc. By all means ENJOY! You can have my seat! :yeah:

What sort of shoot is that? It says longrifles but shows a picture of a lever gun.

Ok, I looked it up. We're talking guns like the Sharps?

Never heard them called longrifles before.

There's contact number on flyer.
Good chance they will have all kinds of matches for almost any muzzleloader and bpcr

I was just curious. I have a hard enough time making it to my local BP shoots and it's only 100miles away. Idaho is way too far. My lifted big tired off-road Jeep is not too thrifty on gas but gets me anywhere in the local mountains.

Muley Hunter said:
My lifted big tired off-road Jeep is not too thrifty on gas but gets me anywhere in the local mountains.

This is VERY similar to my situation. I trust my little Ole pickup around town and the Mountains, but she’s Looooong Past her Days of 500 mile Treks. I keep saying I’m gonna buy a Brand new truck, but then i see the Price Tags and “CRINGE” a guy needs 30 Grand to even look these days! I just keep my little YoYo up, oil changes etc. and call it good :yeah:

I use to shoot Competition Archery, and a bunch of Competition Trap Shooting, i placed, and was good in both, But in all honesty I didn’t really enjoy it, I’ve never been a real big people person. My enjoyment comes from Solitude, Grabbing a Rifle, my gear, and heading for the Hills, mostly by myself, maybe a friend? Back when i first started in Blackpowder i was a Sponge on these Forums learning all i could, Then taking it to the field and testing it, I learned alot, and i have changed a LOT of things to better suit me. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and helping folks out. As far as traveling to Shoots, I don’t see me doing that anytime soon

Yeah, I don't go anywhere anymore. I live in the mountains that I hunt and fly fish in. It's a small town that I can't buy anything I need, so I buy everything online now. That makes living in the boonies practical now. I also doubt i'll ever go to a BP shoot anymore. I keep looking for easier areas to hunt in my mountains. It's a tough area to hunt. Lot's of 14,000ft mountains. It's hard to find areas to hunt that are flat. I scout 200 days a year and i've managed to find a few that have game and solitude.

Harleysboss said:
Idaholewis, We will abuse my truck when I venture over there for our shooting and fishing contest :D Save some miles on your old dog.

Sounds like a Plan, Your ride is a WHOLE lot nicer than mine! But i bet you wouldn’t follow me in a BUNCH of places i go around here :D

Latest posts

Back