I'm disappointed!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpsman

Reaction score
:shock: Nothing new! And I can't post because I've been fighting flood water for three days! When I posted this I had gotten Net service back one hour previously. If you'll look to the right of my mailbox there's a stake showing where the highway department put a 30" culvert/drainpipe years ago so as to drain ditch or water from my yard to the east side of the highway to the lake across the road from where I took this photo. The lake got higher than I've ever seen it previously and with 24" of rainfall over 2 1/2 days....that's understandable! Water did not get into my quarters as my slab is higher than my driveway and once it gets to a certain level it drains across the driveway and goes back west toward my airstrip. As an added precaution the Start, La. Volunteer Fire Department came out on their own and ran poly pipe all the way around my home. My hats off to all those guys!

25583206311_f4694456ae_b.jpg
Untitled by Rick Mulhern, on Flickr

Normal pool stage for the lake water would be at the base of the cypress trees you can see in this photo:

25375034900_1f785f50c3_b.jpg

My grandmother told me long ago that this area did not go under during the great flood of 1927 and if it were not for the drain pipe under the highway I wouldn't have had this problem! When it dries up I'll have a vertical flood plate put over that pipe with a good rubber seal and that'll solve the problem! I'm 17 miles southeast of Monroe, La. and probably a couple thousand folks over there are without their homes today! :( :(

Oh boy, you are in a bad spot to be! A crap load of rain in your area indeed.

Not again!
You folks have had beyond your share of flood and disaster conditions.
Please let us know how you are doing when it is possible.
Ron

I'm good. THanks for asking.  Lots of road closures and my hunting spot is too mucky to walk in, but otherwise I'm staying dry.

Not sure about Sharpsman.  He is an old fellar :affraid: and I'm not too sure how he will hold up.

Old Smoke said:
I'm good. THanks for asking.  Lots of road closures and my hunting spot is too mucky to walk in, but otherwise I'm staying dry.

Not sure about Sharpsman.  He is an old fellar :affraid: and I'm not too sure how he will hold up.
I'm 'old' alright but the Good Lord has blessed me with a good body and great vision so as soon as it dries up I'm gonna burn some blackpowder!! :cheers: :lol!:

This tool is handier than putting a side saddle on a pizz ant:

25730436255_8bae3f1dd9_b.jpg

One thing about pizz ants there havin trouble with navaigation right now. Take care down there Sharpsman. Will see if mother nature will give you a break. See what happens when you leave a woman in charge of the weather. Will pray for blue skies in LA. Al

I believe the "good eyes" part given the steady stream of most excellent targets.  My eyes went south on in the 3rd grade!  Bi-focal got me 4-yrs ago.  Any further and they give me "octi-focals" and I'll look like a darn fly!

There was a time about 30 years ago that we almost moved to Picayune, MS. That would have almost put me in Louisiana!
After all the floods that hit that area, I feel much more comfortable in my home at 5,800 ft altitude!

Ron

RonC said:
There was a time about 30 years ago that we almost moved to Picayune, MS. That would have almost put me in Louisiana!
After all the floods that hit that area, I feel much more comfortable in my home at 5,800 ft altitude!

Ron
And you're considerably 'cooler' during June/July/August/September/October as well!! :shock: :dodo:

Back