Im feelin it today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I don't know WTF happened today, but I sure in hell was not prepared for a 90* day in southern colorado! Holy crap guys! I washed my canoe and then the jeep and felt like I was melting. Being at 7300 feet doesn't melt, but my god! I felt like FILLING the canoe with water and jumping inside LOL.

You young pups ought not have a problem with 90F!   I pretty much call it a day when it tops 100F, but I'm getting old and fragiler.  But, then you like as not don't get much 100F in your neck of the Rockies.

90 degrees is nothing.

Back in either '60 or '61 I run the header on a Harris side hill harvester pulled by a D-7 Cat. Standing behind the big Hercules six cylinder engine in bad enough and when you go eleven days in a row of 110 degrees plus you know it is HOT.

John

Old Smoke said:
You young pups ought not have a problem with 90F!   I pretty much call it a day when it tops 100F, but I'm getting old and fragiler.  But, then you like as not don't get much 100F in your neck of the Rockies.

Never get it. The average high here is 82 degrees and that's for a short period of time. (July)

If it got to a 100 degrees here i'd move 30 miles away to Leadville. The record high of all time there is 82 degrees and the average high is 70 degrees. Leadville is at 10,000ft and i'm at 8000ft now, but i'm right at the base of a 14,000ft mountain. I can get up to 12,000ft in 20 min if I want to cool off.

I hate the heat and heat to me is over 65 degrees. I'd prefer to be in a blizzard that 80 degree weather.

FrontierGander

Come down here in the middle of August. We'll strap on 50# packs and hike out and see who passes out first! I'm 77; what????......you're 30???

:Questuon:

It's starting to get hot here too.  

For many years i worked in the Arabian desert.   Hottest temperature i saw there was 142 F:   Worked 14 hours that day and consumed 11 liters of water.   Some of the old timers there had seen it hit 150 F.   Most uncomfortable place i've been is Muscat, Oman where the humidity gets high too.

Look at what southern Utah (St. George area) is in store for, up to 117 degrees this week. Damn almost got talked into a place down there a few years ago by an old desert rat....  :shock:  :cry:   :pig:

Latest posts

Back