im selfish, eating the strawberries as they turn red in the garden.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
my wife is very fond of raspberries and cucumbers. i grow lots of them for her. however the june bearing strawberries are putting some on and im eating them as they turn red. they are nothing like the dead store bought strawberries. man are they good.also cant wait for the pie cherries to ripen. my variety is tart sweet and i can really go after those on the tree also.

When I was kid on the farm we grew 3 acres of Strawberries.  They're a lot of work, but they taste so much better than the red things from CA that are sold in the Grocery Store as Strawberries.  We stopped growing them in the mid '60's when the migrant workers quit coming around to pick them and the loss of the main market where they were sold.  Now the few farmers we have growing them sell out every day when they're available.  Nothing better in this world than Strawberries & Cream!

Rick N Bama said:
When I was kid on the farm we grew 3 acres of Strawberries............. Nothing better in this world than Strawberries & Cream!
Agreed 100%, when growing up that was breakfast about twice a week.   :thumbs up:

my straw berry crop this year was so so, not the best production, however my raspberries look like it will be a bumper crop. have a tree that is a plum cherry cross and nursed it along for 10 years. the last two years it really grew well. just noticed yesterday that it has a bunch of cherry plums on it. will watch it close so i beat the birds.

Back