Interesting find

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Found this skull the other day while squirrel hunting, and thaught it was interesting enough to share pictures of. It is hard to tell from the pics., but he was a 5X7. I estimate that he awsa 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 years old.

IF my pics do not work right click on the X and select show picture, and they should start working

f08499f6.jpg

f0849411.jpg

f0848dce.jpg

f0848acd.jpg

You sure do get alot of inbreed deer down where you live Hillbilly! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: There has to be something in the water. These deformaties can't all be from indreeding

There is a deer farm up here that has antlers from the first year to when they died. Now this is in captivity but that is how they looked when they got up to about nine years old. Very large antlers before that. I believe you found a very old deer.
Redclub

You can ususally age the deer by the teeth wear. That should be fairly accurate.

Tooth wear is what I went by when I guessed 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 years old. I am by no means an expert at judging age, but still think that I am fairly close on the age. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he was older than that. I just know that I found this rack to have a few interesting characteristics and wanted to share some photos.

Latest posts

Back