Interesting story........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butcher451

Reaction score
I need to find, and read more of the old-time journals that documented this type of stuff.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cGxRHrcxuVE" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

8) vid Butcher45.  Having trapped fur myself the horses certainly would have made carrying all that steel easier on the back!  I liked the small day pouch...kinda like taking only 3 arrows on a bow hunt from camp.   I'd feel safe knowing I had a .62 PRB for a weapon in the day.

I'm sure each knew their smoke gun's potential and quickly learned to be either a marksmen or a memory. :lol:

I want to know ... the rest of the story.
Did they catch up with the Indians and get their hides back?

One thing I noticed is the amount of time this guy talked to give such a small amount of practical information. If that is how his school is conducted, it may not be worth the price of tuition.
Basically, his little pouch was the only thing he showed in detail. The shelter was just vaguely described as a weave of branches with litter thrown on top.

patocazador said:
I want to know ... the rest of the story.
Did they catch up with the Indians and get their hides back?

One thing I noticed is the amount of time this guy talked to give such a small amount of practical information. If that is how his school is conducted, it may not be worth the price of tuition.
Basically, his little pouch was the only thing he showed in detail. The shelter was just vaguely described as a weave of branches with litter thrown on top.
Me, too.  Anyone got a good list of required-reading journals from them old days?

Some of his videos are more informative/in-depth than others......kinda like gun article authors that gotta print something every month, but not that bad IMO.  I posted that particular video for the story.  He has made hundreds of videos......actually, most of his videos have A TON of info in them (he talks fast) to where it can be tough to absorb it all.  He has shared more good information on his online videos than most anyone in the bushcraft/self-reliance communities on youtube.  

Controversial guy (lied on his job app).....but he definitely shares a lot of great info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mNwVaH5p-o&index=47&list=PL6B3D89B23CDE649F

Marty said:
8) vid Butcher45.  Having trapped fur myself the horses certainly would have made carrying all that steel easier on the back!  I liked the small day pouch...kinda like taking only 3 arrows on a bow hunt from camp.   I'd feel safe knowing I had a .62 PRB for a weapon in the day.

I'm sure each knew their smoke gun's potential and quickly learned to be either a marksmen or a memory. :lol:
Some like to use pack-goats out here........I'm looking into it for the future.  I have a friend that breeds goats.

pack-g10.jpg

Latest posts

Back