It was a thought..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I call the sportsman club Saturday morning, ask if the road to the 600yd range is even close to opening... "Yes the road is open. You can drive to the 600yd range." Great news! :yeah:

Three trips downstairs to gather equipment, 15 steps, so up and down 3 times equals 90 steps. Load up the truck. Then back up to the other garage and load more supplies and targets. Drive 25 miles one way to the range. Get to the range and the gate is already open. Turn on the road to the 600yd range and its really good. :D Go around the last curve and have to immediately reach down and put it in 4x4. Next thing I know I see the cable across the road up ahead. DANG IT! Now I have to stop in this stuff and back up :(

Finally get out of there and make the stop at the clubhouse. Politely, I told the young lady with rings through her nose, ears, eyebrows and lips, the same one who told me the road was open, that she was wrong. Next stop was the car wash........, then back home and 90 steps again.

This morning, that Jim Cantore guy from the Weather Channel is saying there's the possibility of 12 to 18" of snow coming from this next storm. Winter here will just not let go......

I have had similar experiences where ... yes it is OK and then find out its not.

Always nice to get a car nice and clean. :mrgreen:

I'm going to get out Sat to make sure my Black Widow is zeroed, and to check for scope problems. I also have the Omega I set up for my great nephew to zero in. I don't worry about the muddy truck. I live half a mile from a limestone quarry, all my vehicles are always limestone mud grey all the time.

Latest posts

Back