Its been a long time

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
wow! Not a whole lot was done on this last year due to my neck, but over the past few days, my brother and I got back to it and monstalined the new steel 1/4 panel trim, rocker panel trim, fender flares, front & rear bumpers and the tow package. Huge difference in how she looks now! We still have some detail painting to do on the front frame, springs, etc, but that that get done over time.
100-0324.jpg

100-0277.jpg

100-0280.jpg

100-0284.jpg

100-0303.jpg

100-0304.jpg

100-0307.jpg

100-0316.jpg

100-0319.jpg

100-0320.jpg

100-0321.jpg

Had a CJ5 wish I still did.

Funny Guys buying New UTV for the price they could have something for the brush and Road Legal.

oneshot

I commented on your FB post about your jeep too.
It looks good, CJ5 is my favorite of them.

I bought one a while back that I haven't got around to starting on yet.  It was my uncles and I actually drove it quite a bit when I was a teenager.
It is a '63 CJ5.  When my uncle bought it he was just out of high school and it had a small v8 in it that was wore out.  He found a used 350, rebuilt it and put it in, relocated the shifter to the floor right next to your right leg, and put a 538 rear end in it.  It was an absolute stoplight to stoplight beast, very quick.  Sounds really good too with dual cherry bombs on it.  Oh and he put a mack truck bulldog on the front of the hood, that's definitely going to stay lol.
It has been stored indoors for about 25 years now.  I plan to tear it down to frame, rewire it, new brake lines, fuel lines, new gas tank, pull the motor and go through it (hopefully looks ok and will just need new gaskets when put back together), new bigger radiator (one in it was a bit small and it ran warm during the hot summer), new hoses and belts, throw out bearing was making noise when it got put away so new clutch, all new fluids, repack bearings, and of course new tires.  It is the same color as yours, but the paint is cracked out and will need redone at some point.
It was just a summer convertible for my uncle to run around in, there isn't even a soft top for it.  I plan to do the same with it.

FrontierGander said:
wow! Not a whole lot was done on this last year due to my neck, but over the past few days, my brother and I got back to it and monstalined the new steel 1/4 panel trim, rocker panel trim, fender flares, front & rear bumpers and the tow package. Huge difference in how she looks now! We still have some detail painting to do on the front frame, springs, etc, but that that get done over time.
100-0324.jpg

100-0277.jpg

100-0280.jpg

100-0284.jpg

100-0303.jpg

100-0304.jpg

100-0307.jpg

100-0316.jpg

100-0319.jpg

100-0320.jpg

100-0321.jpg
Frontier Gander
Great looking 4X4, but, if I had One negative comment it would be... NEVER EVER post your license plate photos online,!!! EVER!!! Personal experience, looong story. Somewhat happy ending? At least I'm NOT in prison!?
Stoney

Back