Jukar .45 Flint---Need Info before I buy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old and grumpy

Reaction score
I found a Jukar .45 flint lock rifle at my LGS today.Same place I got the Rogers&Spencer and Colonial kit.The place I go to visit my money. They want $150 for it. The barrel was never blued but will clean up with no pits using wet/dry paper. The wood is in good shape. Very light blond with some nice grain. Might have been a kit. The lock feels dry but cycles just fine. If the bore turns out to be OK is that a good price? It looks like the ones I found on Google. This will be a refinish "Fixer Upper" if I get it. This would be my first flint.

THIS IS NOT IT.I pulled these pics off line to give a general idea. The finish on these is MUCH better.

What style is this a copy of? Thanks.

gggg-021.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning2" width="800"><tr><td class="td2" align="right" width="100%"></td><td class="td1">Report this image</td></tr></table>
375fb1525ed476ea319e6b5a06c76bc8.jpg

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning2" width="640"><tr><td class="td2" align="right" width="100%"></td><td class="td1">Report this image</td></tr></table>
gggg-025.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

For a Jukar in less than tip-top shape, I agree with Jon. $75-90 is all I'd pay IF the bore was good.
I'm pretty sure that stock is a two-piece stock that just butts together .. although the wood matches up better than most of that type.

I bought one of those to give to a friend. The wood on the one I bought was uglier that the one you show. It had the 2 piece stock and the barrel was in almost new condition. If I recall correctly, I paid $125 or so.
Did I mention that the wood was U G L Y on mine?!
Ron

Thanks for the feed back. IF I get it I would use it as a starting point not a finished gun. A new kit is $250+.
Total strip and sand . Some re contouring of the stock. TOW has nice inlays and bands for not much money. Perhaps turn it into a Indian gun with tacks and correct fittings. Sort of Pimp it up. Not everything has to be historically correct.  I get more reward from working up a "rescue" than opening a new box.

Jukar made CVA guns. The barrel is unfinished and of the same barrel stock as my Kentucky and Colonial kit that have Juker marks.  If the bore is good I may make a ridiculous offer. I do enough business with these guys that they just might take it. Just not sure I want to get into flint or black long guns.

Ugly wood?  Let just call her plain!   There are some "Chevron" grain marks on the butt and I can trick the little that is there into showing.

I live in SoCal  with "Hollywood Roots".  "Plain" gets off the bus from the mid west. A little snipping, tucking and lifting. Then send her to "see Max" and she is a star.
---
Drift but cool. Found this today.

asdsdgdgh.jpg

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/04/09/while-working-as-a-prop-boy-john-wayne-met-wyatt-earp-he-later-credited-his-walk-talk-and-persona-to-his-acquaintance-with-earp/

Went back to look at it again. It was a kit that never got finished .The wood was never thinned  to match the nose cap or make the for end look sleek. That is why it looks "boxy". Just sanded and bolted together. Might not have been fired. No crud around the pan and no flint marks on the frizzen. The bore is full of dust and I think I saw spider eyes looking back at me!  Won't he be surprised . Powder his behind. What a rush!  (please don't call P.E.T.A.)

The lock, barrel, and brass look like the same Juker used on the old  kits they made for CVA.

Considering that new kits start at $250 and I can counter for less than they are asking This might just work.

Latest posts

Back