NEW ML BULLET FROM FEDERAL

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to argue, that this federal projectile is a one piece unit. Unlike the sabot it doesn't seperate from the bullet thus making the whole thing the bullet. It's a very interesting design that hopefully will be as accurate as claws.

Are power belts legal?

randyray41 said:
I would have to argue, that this federal projectile is a one piece unit.  Unlike the sabot it doesn't seperate from the bullet thus making the whole thing the bullet.    It's a very interesting design that hopefully will be as accurate as claws.

Are power belts legal?  
+1 thats my opinion as well.

Does anyone know what the diameter is of this new bullet?  What is the diameter of the power belt? Sounds like that is what they are going to go by.

Quite interesting to say least, and surely an innovative design.  The real test will be how the design performs long range...say 200 yards.  Unless the polymer material has been carefully formulated to retain an aerodynamic shape in flight, I'm a little skeptical about it being a long range performer.

I fear if they keep pushing the envelope with muzzleloaders we're going to start losing ML seasons, or at least they'll be some changes.

It's suppose to be a primitive weapon.

Muley said:
I fear if they keep pushing the envelope with muzzleloaders we're going to start losing ML seasons, or at least they'll be some changes.

It's suppose to be a primitive weapon.

I agree, but the envelope will always be pushed, whether its muzzle loaders or cars, etc.   Someone is always going to try to build one, better, faster, more accurate.   I am hoping our season gets extended this year.  At least I hear talk of it.

Remember guys, they have to adjust bullets for US due to corrupt state agencies banning lead, sabots, etc. I see this as a california bullet personally. They do not allow lead * after 2018* plus they do not allow sabots. What are you going to shoot in that state if no one helps out to fill the void?

A few states have 2 muzzleloading seasons, one for all muzzleloaders and one for "primitive" muzzleloaders, eg. flintlocks with patched round balls. I think that is the case in Pennsylvania ... maybe Virginia too(????)

Good luck getting Colorado to have two seasons. I've tried. They think the season is primitive now.

its an open muzzle loader season, if you want to use patched balls, use it. Using a primitive muzzleloader then using maxiballs in the same gun isnt primitive IMO.

A primitive season would be flintlock, PRB, BP, primitive sights.

I'll go primitive when they have that season.

Your Strikefire isn't primitive either.

patocazador said:
A few states have 2 muzzleloading seasons, one for all muzzleloaders and one for "primitive" muzzleloaders, eg. flintlocks with patched round balls. I think that is the case in Pennsylvania ... maybe Virginia too(????)
Yes Pennsylvania has 2 Muzzle Seasons.Early Oct is any Muzzle allowed and the late Season December is just Flintlocks.NY used to have a Early season where just percussion guns/no optical sights  were allowed and roundballs but thats long gone.Now they have an early Season in the Northern zone ( Adirondacks) and a late Season in the Southern zone.Any muzzle gun and any bullet allowed now.

I agree with you Jon on the primitive inline. No scope or sabots does make it seem primitive. At least you get 209 primers unlike the northwest states. It seems to me that PA has the seasons backwards and the primative season should be first.

Everything any governmental agency does is subject to political pressure (votes) not logic. If more voters use Buck Rogers-type muzzleloaders, that's what gets the nod.

patocazador said:
Everything any governmental agency does is subject to political pressure (votes) not logic. If more voters use Buck Rogers-type muzzleloaders, that's what gets the nod.
4 million muzzleloader hunters. At least 90% are inlines. What a shame!

Yes it has been tested by a member on this forum recently ,if you do a search I'm sure you'll find it.

Latest posts

Back