Just got back from ice fishing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokin' Joe

Reaction score
Just got back from the Lake of the Woods ice fishing.  We didn't do very good this trip.  Fish were small with the exception of this one 23" (4.5 lb.) Walleye that my brother caught..  The ice was 32" inches thick and we woke up this morning to -20 below temps.

Below my brother and his fish.

004-1_zpsdxhrh9vj.jpg

Below is my brother's truck and fish house

003-1_zps1rnlnwdf.jpg

Yes we are pretty comfortable inside.  Doesn't make the fish bite though.

A walleye to me is always worth the effort.  Excellent eating :!:

Hey AMRE2ME2, Lake Trout are fun to catch because they fight all the way to top of the hole.  I used to go to Canada and fish Lake Trout on snowmobiles and pop up ice shelters.  One time in Red Lake, Ontario the ice was 46" thick!  Great pic!

Look like some of you guys enjoy fishing for your bait

:Hide: :blah:

I took a picture of a picture on the wall so there is some reflections but here is a 48" Muskie I caught while ice fishing for Lake Trout one year:

001-3_zpseyssimag.jpg

shoot i'd love to do some ice fishing, we've just been having weather in the low 60's lately. I dont trust the ice when its been getting hammered with the sun.

Even with our weather there have been a few cars and snowmobiles that have went through the ice this year.  A husband and wife died when there car went through the ice.

Getting me fired up, I'm heading to Lake Erie next weekend for some walleye ice fishing!

Too cold to shoot, so I snowmobile or ice fish!

Hey FG, not too warm here today, about -20 with the wind chill!!

Back