Kentucky bound!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Well tonight I leave for Providence, KY for the 2 day early muzzleloader season there. The plan is to get there tonight and scout around a little tomorrow. There will be five of us there including Grouse, JD, and JJ. As it worked out for me I'm using the White 97 .50/Nikon Monarch 3-9X40 shooting Batchiefs 495gr Ashcan/70gr fffg Swiss BP for my woods gun and my old reliable Savage 10ML-II/Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10X44 for hunting over open terrain. Also bringing a Triumph/Nikon Omega/250gr Bonded Shockwave/110gr BH209 as backup! Looks as if the weather is going to be about perfect for Saturday and Sunday. HOPEFULLY at least a couple of us will connect!

Good luck there and shoot a big one... good luck to all of you.

I would have thought you would want to use the bh209! Someone has to shoot a big one with it and make sure it works while hunting!

Webster County is outsatanding!!!!

Ive got 2 on the wall from there myself...a good friend has a farm about 1/2 mile outside of Providence on 293 seen hundreds of shooters in that area in the last 7 years......we also have accsess to a 500 acre farm just outside of providence in a small community called Diamond......seen more bucks in one day out there than I have in 5 years of hunting here in GA....

the day I killed my biggest deer ever (which was in providence) I had already seen 9 other bucks....they were running thru the bottoms and the edge of the corn fields like they had gone crazy....then big daddy stepped out....and the rest was history

2l8jihc.jpg

2ezie60.jpg

Shhhhh...there ain't no deer in Kentucky :wink:

Most crops are out because it has been so dry here. Huge persimmon crop this year, they are falling faster than the deer can eat them but they are trying to keep up. Might be the best place to be tomorrow. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back