Knight .45 - 120 grn(V) T7-3F - 195 Load

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBG

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Recently got an earlier model .45 DE and noticed that even with the smaller bore, the entire barrel contour OD was .010" larger than my new .52 DEs. May just be a thicker protective coating but the .45 is noticeably heavier than the .52s. I like the weight which gives it a very steady hold, plus my long hiking days are long gone.

The box also included the first printed manual dedicated to the .45 DE that I've found. It contained the usual load charts and a highlighted paragraph stating that 120 grn(V) T7 3F can be used with 175 and 195 grn Knight bullets/sabots.

This is the first factory approved max charge load using T7-3F that I've seen for any Knight rifle.

I'm waiting to get access to a chrono and compare the 2F and 3F MVs. I don't expect much difference between them, but I have been surprised by the results of small changes with MLs before.

This gun was NIB and contains a Knight VHS tape that I haven't watched yet because I don't have a working recorder. I'm curious if it contains any other Knight .45 specific info.

Latest posts

Back