Knight Breechplug for BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkM

Reaction score
I have a Knight Bighorn that I have been shooting with the Muskett cap nipple on the breach plug. I have been shooting Pyrodex "P" powder with good results. I tried T7 but did not like the crud build up and the sticky breach plugs. I would like to try the BH209 powder but I don't know if I have the right breach blug. I know it won't work with the Muskett cap breach plug but I still have the 209 Breachplug that came with the gun. It is not the "plastic jacket" breach plug you just insert the 209 primer in the back with the special tool that came with it. Will this breach plug work with BH209?

Mark

I used that same breech plug in my Wolverine 209 and it worked fine. A little blow back but no problems with ignition.

I still have the 209 Breachplug that came with the gun. It is not the "plastic jacket" breach plug you just insert the 209 primer in the back with the special tool that came with it. Will this breach plug work with BH209?

All I can say is PROBABLY. I have not tried that exact ignition system but from what you describe...it sounds like it should work..

I'm using a FPJ breechplug and have a back-up non-FPJ breechplug for my Knight Wolverine II.

The non-FPJ is domed. Check it closely to be sure the flash hole is open.
Mine came from the factory not completely drilled through.
I fixed it easily. There was no need to send it back!

Back