gonic contender 50 cal. barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been looking at a gonic 50 cal. barrel.the seller said the breach plug takes a 38 special brass.Has any one shot one,and how did it work?I cant find any info on the net.

Interesting, that is the first I have heard of a 38 special brass breach plug for a Gonic barrel. I would be surprised if it was original from Gonic Arms. If the barrel and fire hole are in good condition I am sure it will be accurate.

I would consider that a very rare contender barrel. Not sure if it is worth a premium $$. Prior to purchase I would check the breach plug fire hole diameter with a go-no-go gauge pin. If it is shot out maybe consider offering less $$ and add a replaceable ventliner if possible.

well I was a little leery, so I passed it up..the photo of the breach plug looked rough.the barrel sold for $148.50.the idea of having to use the 38 spl. to shoot it did not excite me and it was a pistol barrel.I would rather have a BP rifle barrel for the contender so I could hunt with it.Here in NY we cant hunt deer with a BP hand gun.

well I was a little leery, so I passed it up..the photo of the breach plug looked rough.the barrel sold for $148.50.the idea of having to use the 38 spl. to shoot it did not excite me and it was a pistol barrel.I would rather have a BP rifle barrel for the contender so I could hunt with it.Here in NY we cant hunt deer with a BP hand gun.

I am in New York as well. Are you sure you can't hunt with a BP Hand gunl in New York. If so I have a 50 Cal Bullberry barrel for a contender I might want to sell.

sound interesting. I do have a tc hawken and 2 tc Impact's,all 50 cal.that I could part with.If you would be interested in some trading.If not let me know what your price would be.It would have to fit a g1.

Latest posts

Back