knight disc elite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckyne

Reaction score
I recently purchased my 1st muzzleloader. A disc elite SS 50 cal. It was used and the price was too good to pass up. However it did not come with the owners manual, breech plug wrench or any other accessories. I have a question regarding the owners manual. I emailed knight and have yet to get a response. Does anyone know where I can find an electronic copy of the owners manual. The breakdown of the rifle is pretty straight forward but I am wondering what the max loads are for the rifle. I bought some 300 and 250 grain bullets and some triple seven pellets( 5o grain- non magnum). I thought I would stick with 2 pellets for 100 grain loads as I am not sure the elite can handle 150 grain charges. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently purchased my 1st muzzleloader. A disc elite SS 50 cal. It was used and the price was too good to pass up. However it did not come with the owners manual, breech plug wrench or any other accessories. I have a question regarding the owners manual. I emailed knight and have yet to get a response. Does anyone know where I can find an electronic copy of the owners manual. The breakdown of the rifle is pretty straight forward but I am wondering what the max loads are for the rifle. I bought some 300 and 250 grain bullets and some triple seven pellets( 5o grain- non magnum). I thought I would stick with 2 pellets for 100 grain loads as I am not sure the elite can handle 150 grain charges. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The max loads are 150 grains of pellets and I think 120 grains of loose powder, although it could handle the loose powder as well. You just don't need that much loose powder in it. You have an excellent rifle there. It will be a great shooter. The two pellets your shooting along with some 250 or 300 grain Knight RED Hots or Barnes Expanders should shoot excellent out of the rifle.

As for the manual.. are there any manuals you can download off Knight's sight? Otherwise, try calling them on the phone and I am sure they would send you one...

Welcome to the forum and the sport.

I'm kind of surprised that you have not heard from Knight's customer service, I've had nothing short of fantastic service.

Call them on the phone.

I'm not sure if you know it but Knight will do a trigger job for you for free. They took the creep out of mine and adjusted it so it breaks right at 2.5 lbs pull. The only thing that it cost me was my postage to ship it to them. The trigger job on my TC Pro Hunter was many times that amount.

I have noticed that when submitting a question through the knight website, that if you check the box for "Send notification of offers", or check "Send me a catalog", they do not seem to get the email questions. But if those three boxes at the very bottom of the page are left blank then Jeff or someone in Customer service answers the questions very quickly. Just a thought.

ShawnT

Brand new to the site also..I just recieved as a gift a new disc elite 50. with stainless fluted barrell and thumbhole stock..what a gift indeed...can't wait to take it out and play with it a bit....looks like i will learn tons on this site.....

mrnovember said:
Brand new to the site also..I just recieved as a gift a new disc elite 50. with stainless fluted barrell and thumbhole stock..what a gift indeed...can't wait to take it out and play with it a bit....looks like i will learn tons on this site.....

What you describe is NOT a Disc Elite....sounds more like a disc Extreme.

Spitpatch said:
mrnovember said:

What you describe is NOT a Disc Elite....sounds more like a disc Extreme.

Definitely not a Disc Elite. Maybe a Master Hunter Disc Extreme or a Long Range Hunter... :?:

Latest posts

Back