Knight Disc Extreme and BH209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulions

Reaction score
Is anyone using BH209 in a Knight Disc extreme. I really like the looks of this gun and was wondering how it shot and what everyone thought about it with BH209.

It does fine.

IMG_0133.JPG

I used the NON-full plastic jacket breechplug in this case, btw.

Thanks Big6x6 I thought I saw some where that you had used it in yours. How does your Extreme compare to the Triumph? I just like the looks of the extreme better. I guess because it looks more like a traditional bolt action rifle.

The Triumph will outshoot the Extreme slightly:

IMG_0134.JPG

....and of course clean-up ain't even CLOSE! I'll certainly be hunting with this Triumph this fall!

WELL OK. I guess My next ML will be a Triumph. I just hope is shoots as good as all the others on here.

knight extream

My .45cal I bought off of lungbuster is an absolute tack driver. I did have to buy a nfpj to get away from the hang fires when useing the red plastic 209 holders and bh209. I sure don't regret buying it.
Wayles

Re: knight extream

wayles said:
My .45cal I bought off of lungbuster is an absolute tack driver. I did have to buy a nfpj to get away from the hang fires when useing the red plastic 209 holders and bh209. I sure don't regret buying it.
Wayles

Any problems extracting the spent primers from the n-FPJ? What primers are you shooting?

tndeer said:
Chuck, have you shot the 275 parker in your Triumph?

I don't think so. The 250gr Ballistic Extreme shot GREAT though.

Mparks

No , not really I just shook it a little in the upside down position. The longer I shot it got a little worse with the build up. Deffinatly not as fast as my encore but tolerable. I was use ing winchester regular 209's
Wayles

Re: knight extream

wayles said:
Wayles

Interesting, I have had zero hang fires using the Red FPJ, Winchester 209's and B209 in my .45 Wolverine 209. I wonder what is different?

Differences?

Reese I believe it is probably in the tolerences of the machining. My bolt probably does not shove the 209 onto the nipple as hard as yours. Just a theory? Maybe your plug is not as long?
Wayles

Latest posts

Back