knight disc questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flounder

Reaction score
Hi,
I shot my disc extreme for the first time yesterday and had a blast. Once I got the scope adjusted I was shooting a nice 2 inch group at 80 yards. I was happy for my first time with the gun and not the most ideal shooting conditions.
When I took the bolt body ( the stainless part) apart from the striker assembly I washed the bolt body in soap and water then dried and oiled it. The other part I wiped most of the fouling off as best I could and then sprayed some carburater cleaner on it, blew it off with the air hose and then sprayed it with break free CLP. Is this how you long-time disc owners do it? If you have any tips or suggestions I am all ears.
The other question is about the discs. Do you wash them before reusing them? I washed them up good but decided with the time it took to do that I might as well just use them again dirty or buy new ones.
Any helpful information on maintaining this rifle is appreciated.
Thanks,
Art
________
America'S Next Top Model Advice

The way you cleaned it is just fine , just make sure you are oiling everything back up good , ya just shoot them dirty its no big deal.

RON

I usually scrub the bolt body with an old toothbrush, inside with pipe cleaners and small plastic bristle brush. Other than that, it is the same process. I wipe the bolt itself off with a Breakfree CLP soaked cloth.
In reference to reusing the Plastic Jackets, I do and so far have not had a problem doing so.

Latest posts

Back