Knight disc stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdmalder

Reaction score
So I just picked picked up a Knight original DISC and am doing the bare 209 upgrade. So yesterday I messed around with the scope that came with it. It is a Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5x20. It came with the see through mounts which I despise so I never gave much thought to new ring height. Well long story short I put the scope in some high height rings I had laying around and it is still too high. Like over an inch too high. Is it normal for Knight to have the comb height so low on their stocks? Even with the iron sights I lift my head a little. With the see through rings I dang near put my chin on the stock to get a sight picture

I have the same trouble, my knight stocks are on the low side for me, even with the lowest rings and bases i can find

So I just picked picked up a Knight original DISC and am doing the bare 209 upgrade. So yesterday I messed around with the scope that came with it. It is a Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5x20. It came with the see through mounts which I despise so I never gave much thought to new ring height. Well long story short I put the scope in some high height rings I had laying around and it is still too high. Like over an inch too high. Is it normal for Knight to have the comb height so low on their stocks? Even with the iron sights I lift my head a little. With the see through rings I dang near put my chin on the stock to get a sight picture

I have newer disc and no issues with stock other than length of pull. i just took off a simmons 2.8-10x44 with medium rings and could have gone lower due to gap. Sorry to derail your thread. but how to you like that scope. How is the light at last light under forest canopy?

I have newer disc and no issues with stock other than length of pull. i just took off a simmons 2.8-10x44 with medium rings and could have gone lower due to gap. Sorry to derail your thread. but how to you like that scope. How is the light at last light under forest canopy?
I haven't look through this scope in low light yet but have other Leupolds. For the 20mm objectives I have the FX-2 2.5, the Freedom 1.5x4 AR, and the VX-3i 1.5x5. All have superb glass in low light. I would expect the same with this scope

I have the same scope on my 20 ga BPS slug gun, it works great in low light.

Back