Knight stock interchangeability?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce in WV

Reaction score
I’m new to inline MLs and glad to find this forum. I’m learning a lot, and searching for resources.
One thing I haven’t found yet is a chart that shows which Knight stocks fit different models. Is such a chart available?
I’m rebuilding an abused USAK and find lots of original, plain, black, American Knight stocks on ebay, but might want to upgrade to another stock in camo, with a thumbhole, or with a comb/cheekpiece if there are higher end stocks that are a drop-in fit. I’ve seen comments here to suggest that round bottom straight pull actions should work in different stocks, but it appears anecdotal. Somebody with a little time on his hands and access to a wide variety of these design rifles might be able to fill in a very useful chart. I’ll even volunteer to do the fit testing and publish the chart if somebody near DC has the rifles required on hand.

In the meantime, can anybody point me to a chart with this info, pls, if it already exists?

Last edited:
I’m new to inline MLs and glad to find this forum. I’m learning a lot, and searching for resources.
One thing I haven’t found yet is a chart that shows which Knight stocks fit different models. Is such a chart available?
I’m rebuilding an abused USAK and find lots of original, plain, black, American Knight stocks on ebay, but might want to upgrade to another stock in camo, with a thumbhole, or with a comb/cheekpiece if there are higher end stocks that are a drop-in fit. I’ve seen comments here to suggest that round bottom straight pull actions should work in different stocks, but it appears anecdotal. Somebody with a little time on his hands and access to a wide variety of these design rifles might be able to fill in a very useful chart. I’ll even volunteer to do the fit testing and publish the chart if somebody near DC has the rifles required on hand.

In the meantime, can anybody point me to a chart with this info, pls, if it already exists?
If you get on Knight muzzleloaders website they have a section on the stocks, I found the camo thumbhole stock and ordered it when I bought my knight new. its listed under disc extreme but shows it fits the mountaineer as well. I'm not using it yet as I've bedded the action in the laminate stock my rifle came with but wanted something lighter for hunting

I was able to drop a mountaineer action right into my disc extreme stock
I ordered the disc extreme camo plastic stock with my knight Mountaineer 45 cal. I kept the laminate stock and ended up going back to it latter. I bedded the laminate stock and the whole thing is much more rigid. I couldn't get a good group with the disc stock

You can look at Boyd’s Gunstocks? They may make what you are looking for.

Back