Knight Elite 45 1:30 Buck harvest video

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im completely sold on how well that load or similar works on deer within a reasonable distance. Sure brings the price of using BH209 way down and you sacrifice so little shooting it. Guys shooting things like older Elite/Extreme 45s really should try loads like these. Bullshop can size the Gould HP down to what you need and cast them in pure lead or an alloy if you prefer. Hard to beat that for a good deer whacking combo in a 45 for the price.

GM:
Lead is much cheaper than powder!
This load was initially set up for his son (youth hunter).. But, after I took his son and he shot the 4pt at 125yds a few weeks ago, the father wanted to try it too. Bigger deer, same result. Both were well placed shots.

That load is not much different than what has been used in the 45-70 for the last 150 years. Like others I forget this information and I need to rethink what I am feeding my 45 caliber muzzle loaders.
Thanks for sharing.

I had thought about whether or not a person could shoot lead bullets out of a sml.A guy would have to buy only the bullet and not sabots.What could be used for powder? I shoot h4198 and bh 209 powder.

I had thought about whether or not a person could shoot lead bullets out of a sml.A guy would have to buy only the bullet and not sabots.What could be used for powder? I shoot h4198 and bh 209 powder.
If you look at early Centerfire history with smokesless powder - lead (hard) bullets utilized a gas check and velocities below 2400fps (I believe).
So, you could load down your 4198 or just use BH209.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I noticewher lead bullets are twice as heavy as what I shoot.I have a bad rotator cup in my shoulder so I use a 200 grain 40 cal bullet in both my guns.So getting a lead bullet that light could prove to be a problem.

Back