Knight FPJ Breechplug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VAhunter23

Reaction score
Idk if this is the right place to ask but has anybody ever seen a knight full plastic jacket breech plug do this? I recently acquired a knight TK2000 in “like new” condition. I checked everything out and it all seemed great. Shot it the next day and when I pulled it apart to clean it before putting it away I noticed the breechplug was cracked. I have a lot of knight ML with this same style breech plug and have never seen this before. Pictures posted below

Attachments

• IMG_4618.jpeg
    IMG_4618.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4619.jpeg
    IMG_4619.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4620.jpeg
    IMG_4620.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
That’s the first knight plug I’ve ever seen with a crack .

It looks to be made from a defective bar end. We use to see this issue at least once a year.

Great customer service from Knight.
I also have a good CS report from them. I had my recoil pad removed and a thinner hard on installed because I was only shooting light loads. Well I decided to use the rifle for long range and wanted to juice uo the charges so wanted to put the original pad back on but I misplaced it. I contacted Knight and Service Manager Steve B. is sending me s new one free of charge.

Latest posts

Back