School Me on Knight Rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the closeout .52 Disc Extreme rifles on Knight’s site. And have seen three different ignition options FPJ 209, #11, and bare 209. The FPJ and #11 have options on order and there is a bare 209 breech plug on the parts page.

In my research trying to figure the options I ended up getting more confused with the difference in the old Disc Extreme and the new ones. I’ve seen reference to using Lehigh parts to convert to bare 209 but I believe that’s on the original DISC.

If I ordered either the FPJ or #11 setup is it as easy as changing out the breech plug to shoot bare 209s or is there more to it?

My initial thought was to get the #11 and add the bare 209 breech plug and then I would have options for primers.

Anything else I need to know about these rifles? I planned to order a big stash of sabots for safety against future supply issues and I am already sitting on a bunch of .458 bullets for my 45-70.

If you have to use a peep sight I will warn you that the options are very limited. I’m in the middle of this battle currently. I’m waiting on a sight to arrive to see if it will work. I ordered the fpj 209 set up. I’m going to order the BP and adapter from ssk firearms. The adapter is currently out of stock. Everyone has good things to say about accuracy with both sabots and full bore lead.

Not to confuse you even more, I have both the knight bare primer set up and the Lehigh conversion to bare primer.in my opinion you should buy the full plastic jacket set up and order the Lehigh plug and adapter.it’s a really nice conversion with a better plug in my opinion.good luck.the 52 is a great choice

Not to confuse you even more, I have both the knight bare primer set up and the Lehigh conversion to bare primer.in my opinion you should buy the full plastic jacket set up and order the Lehigh plug and adapter.it’s a really nice conversion with a better plug in my opinion.good luck.the 52 is a great choice
@Bratch, i agree with dwm on this. Go with the Lehigh setup.

If you have to use a peep sight I will warn you that the options are very limited.

Luckily no peep sight requirements.

Thanks everyone, I’ll plan on the FPJ and a Lehigh setup for bare primers. I’m waiting to see what Black Friday brings but am leaning towards picking one up.

Latest posts

Back