KNIGHT KP1 RANGE REPORTS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy....someone needs to buy me one and then I can give a range report. :lol: :oops:

ME TOO !!

Maybe me and Spitpatch can come up with several Range reports between us . :lol: :oops: LOL

This morning it was 62? and now it is 21? with wind blowing like a bat outa hell the since yesterday morning. Sure, I think I'll leap out there and go shooting. :wink:

But, day before yesterday, I did shoot the rifle a bit. I used the FPJ plug with its extractor. PIA POS IMHO. Extractor does not work reliably in my rifle, hangs most of the time so you have to push it out and then there are the times when it thinks it's an ejector and the red crap goes flying. By the way, I have about 500 full plastic jackets to sell cheap. I won't be using that arrangement anymore.

So far as shooting - kind of a no counter as my shim inside the Warne/Leupold QRW recoil lug seemed like a good idea - but didn't work. Guess I didn't realize those lugs do not bottom out in the slot so a shim there does nothing. The Leupold was still at the edge of its vertical adjustment.

Back to the drawing board on scope and mounts... I took two Warne bases for the front end of a White and mounted them on the KP1. There was barely room and only the slightest gap between the two. Then I used some glossy medium Warne QDs (would have rather used matte but glossy is what I had) to mount a Sightron SII 3x9x42 that wasn't really doing anything.

Next opportunity, I'll be back out and hopefully be able to report a decent range session.

click for bigger

Here! Read THIS Billy, he'll tell you everything is simply mahvelous. Kind of neglected to say that he was using a PROTOTYPE rifle and that it differs from the production models.

2004211111797411423_fs.jpg

KP1 209 D-cup

Should I patent it? :wink:

I have no idea whether it will actually work, but I'm going to try it. If they do work, I have another 95 or so of those 1" covers. :D

I cut the hole with an empty .270 case. Got one right and one off-center. The action closes without issue and when opened (at least for unfired 209s) the D-cup :wink: helps push the 209 out slowly. I may fire a few off in the garage just to see if the thing stays put. (sorry Billy, it's snowing now 8) )

Underclocked said:
I have no idea whether it will actually work, but I'm going to try it. If they do work, I have another 95 or so of those 1" covers. :D

I cut the hole with an empty .270 case. Got one right and one off-center. The action closes without issue and when opened (at least for unfired 209s) the D-cup :wink: helps push the 209 out slowly. I may fire a few off in the garage just to see if the thing stays put. (sorry Billy, it's snowing now 8) )
MY MUZZLELOADERS WORK WHEN IT IS SNOWING :lol: :oops:

Latest posts

Back