Knight KP1 thoughts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregK

Reaction score
Stopped in the gun shop today & stumbled on to a new Knight KP1 50 cal with additional 30/06 barrel in next gen camo/ stainless for 449.00

I still play with BH209 but am more of a smokeless shooter. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these & weather or not I should buy it just because

thanks, Greg

Last edited:
I would like to find one myself . I am starting to collect a few different Knights . I just recently bought a unfired .50 Knight T-bolt , a Knight.50 falling block and a Knight.50 rolling block . I forget what the actual names are . I like the different designs . I want to find a Knight KP-1 . How does that gun compare to a Encore ?

I would like to find one myself . I am starting to collect a few different Knights . I just recently bought a unfired .50 Knight T-bolt , a Knight.50 falling block and a Knight.50 rolling block . I forget what the actual names are . I like the different designs . I want to find a Knight KP-1 . How does that gun compare to a Encore ?
It’s nice but doesn’t balance as well as the TC or the CVA’s....at least with the 50 cal barrel on it. I don’t even own anything 50 cal anymore.

Greg

I think that i heard it is a persistently leaky primer system on the MLs but the CFs are pretty high grade.
I seem to remember it too. I could send it to Jeff for fixing so that’s not too critical. I just remember being interested in them & never buying one. I kinda regret it but don’t want to waste my money either.

Greg

We had a member here (SpitPatch), have not seen him on in several years though. He had one and if I remember right he did some kind of swap to it with the Breech plug to shoot BH. I seem to recall he used the Bp out of a Vision. He had also swapped out the Composite stocks for wood or Laminate and it really looked sharp.

Doug, I don't think I heard of a Falling Block Knight, if you can think of it could you check and see what the Model was? Not doubting you just real curious as I can't recall it, then again I think CRS is starting to get hold of me some.:( As for the Rolling Block, that is the KRB7. I have one that shoots great, but mine is has been modified.

We had a member here (SpitPatch), have not seen him on in several years though. He had one and if I remember right he did some kind of swap to it with the Breech plug to shoot BH. I seem to recall he used the Bp out of a Vision. He had also swapped out the Composite stocks for wood or Laminate and it really looked sharp.

Doug, I don't think I heard of a Falling Block Knight, if you can think of it could you check and see what the Model was? Not doubting you just real curious as I can't recall it, then again I think CRS is starting to get hold of me some.:( As for the Rolling Block, that is the KRB7. I have one that shoots great, but mine is has been modified.
Thinking I’ll get ahold of Jeff at Bestill & see what my breech options are. Could convert the 30/06 barrel to smokeless.

Make sure you get the forearm and extractor with it as they differ from muzzleloader to centerfire. I have a KP1 Next Gen stainless and bought a twin to it with a 270 barrel on Proxibid for $200.00. Sold the twin to my brother in law. Can't wait to shoot the 270.

It appears everything is there. The disc accessory kit....which I’ll never use, all paperwork & manuals, & the hard molded case.

Out the door for $400.00!!

The gun room is a mess…everything is being moved. Here’s the KP1. It will be off to Jeff at Bestill Creations soon to take up space in his safe until he’s ready to build a proper sealing BH209 capable breech plug.

54EBFC95-41BD-4B0E-B816-13489203C7AE.jpeg

Shawn I am sure I have my wording wrong . Guy I bought it off of his name is Mike . Helps Knight at times . He called it a falling block . I guess gun was made by someone else ? Trouble with triggers ? Also I guess at one time Knight was taking them in on trade because of all the issues ? This is not firsthand knowledge. I will try and post some pictures next week . I have saw them before . I am positive you guys will know the name of the gun .

Sounds like a.....
Knight-Revolution-Rifle-Recall.jpg

Doug, I totally forgot about the Revolution, Bet that's is what it is. Does it look like the one in GM's post above? They did have some issues with it. KRB7 had some issues with the safety lever on a few. It needed a little heavier spring in it, mine is one of them. Sam fixed it for me.

GregK,

Great looking rifle. Could you do me a little favor? Could you post a pic of the plug and the Over all length from the mouth (Primer side of the stack) to the Flat part that seats in the barrel? I am curious about it. Looked it up in the manuals and the part number is one digit off from the KRB7 but looked the same.

Thanks,

Back