Knight KP1 trigger job?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedog

Reaction score
The new KP1 has a 'non-adjustable' trigger. Anyone yet doing a trigger job on this trigger to remove the creep and lighten the pull?

Since it is enclosed, it will take a brave soul to be the first. I asked for an exploded diagram of the trigger but wasn't provided one.

The only think I know to do is send it back to Knight for corrections. If I keep mine, I will definitely do just that. I'm on my second (or is it third, I've lost track) trigger/hammer unit - the last one they sent is crisp but too heavy. The first (or second) one was excellent but they sent me one with the shortened hammer throw and I lost out on that deal, even though the one I have now would probably suit most people just fine.

ps: the take up you feel is not creep - it is there by design. Unless yours actually has creep once the take up is taken up. :)

A cheap fix that works for me is using Birchwood Casey Moly lube in the spray can. I just use some carb cleaner and spray down into the action of my rifles to clean out the factory stuff and let it dry, then i spray the Moly inside, let dry, cock the hammer, spray inside again and work the trigger a few times. Works really good on the rifles i have done.

Latest posts

Back