Knight KRB7 scope bases?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesmoke

Reaction score
Got a Stainless Synthetic KRB7 for $200.00 on sale at Sportsman's Wharehouse a few weeks ago. Being that I saved so much money with this sale I figure I'd get the best rings and bases to mount my Leoupold VX-II 3x9x40 on it. I was thinking of the all steel two piece Weavers and Burris Signature Zee rings. Any other suggestions or am I on the right track? How 'bout' ring height, would low rings work or are mediums better?

Thanks,

Whitesmoke

Those bases and rings would work fine, as would the Warne Maximas or Leupold QRW's. Low rings work fine on a KRB with a 40mm objective. That's what I have on mine. You might not be able to use a flip-up lens cap on the objective bell because it will be mounted so low, but it will give you a great cheeck weld on the stock and a natural alignment of your eye to the ocular lens.

Thanks for the info. Got another one for you, with the scope mounted that low have you had any problems with priming/operating the action and/or hammer?

Priming could become an issue especially in cold weather with gloves. Cocking the hammer and operating the breech block are no problem with low rings mounted if you use the extensions that are supplied with the rifle. If you go to a medium ring, you will lose a little cheeck contact with the stock, but gain more room for priming and you would also be able to use a lens cover if you wish.

Latest posts

Back