Knight Mountaineer load question.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIDeerhunter67

Reaction score
Hello,

Getting some loads around for my .50 mountaineer. I’m using T7 2F, would use blackhorn but everyone knows the current situation. I’m planning to shoot 110ish grains depending on what she likes and a 300 grain scorpion PT gold. Also, bare primer setup with Winchester regular 209. Anyone have an idea of what my drop might be? Looking to be effective out to 150ish all I really have to shoot around my area. Also velocity? I’m guessing 1800 range I don’t have a chrono. I’m looking for I guess some experience regarding this. I know I should shoot blackhorn, but you can’t find it and if you do it’s an arm and a leg, T7 is available and reasonable. I do I routine of swabbing so my consistency should be there. Also, post your guys loads with your knights, I’m not super familiar with them, my brother has a disc extreme, shoots 2 pellets and a power belt and you just can’t stop that gun from killing deer, they don’t seem to be too picky, anyone have one that just is a shooter with anything? I know every gun is different but these knights seem to have an awesome reputation.

Out of a 24 inch barrel I get the following with that load:

50 yards/1.3 inches high
100 yards/1 inch high
120 yards/0

Don't know if that is helpful or not. I'm not sure what the extra barrel length gets you.

Last edited:
Hello,

Getting some loads around for my .50 mountaineer. I’m using T7 2F, would use blackhorn but everyone knows the current situation. I’m planning to shoot 110ish grains depending on what she likes and a 300 grain scorpion PT gold. Also, bare primer setup with Winchester regular 209. Anyone have an idea of what my drop might be? Looking to be effective out to 150ish all I really have to shoot around my area. Also velocity? I’m guessing 1800 range I don’t have a chrono. I’m looking for I guess some experience regarding this. I know I should shoot blackhorn, but you can’t find it and if you do it’s an arm and a leg, T7 is available and reasonable. I do I routine of swabbing so my consistency should be there. Also, post your guys loads with your knights, I’m not super familiar with them, my brother has a disc extreme, shoots 2 pellets and a power belt and you just can’t stop that gun from killing deer, they don’t seem to be too picky, anyone have one that just is a shooter with anything? I know every gun is different but these knights seem to have an awesome reputation.

I to shoot and really enjoy my Knight rifles... if you might one do it all bullet you might consider the Lehigh .452x265 CF-HP bullet.

Lehigh-452-265-CF-HP.jpg

This picture shows the results shooting 120 of T7-2f

265-Misc-Pics.jpg

I can offer a little bit of information. I shoot 120 gr. (vol) of T7-2f

Knight-RMEF300gr-Lehigh.jpg

This is with a 120 gr. (vol) of BH-209

Lehigh458-300.jpg

This is a 110 gr. (vol) load with T7-2f

300-GD110-T7-2f.jpg

Hope some of this might help

Last edited:
Back