knight revolution + power belts?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workhorse

Reaction score
Hi guys. New to the forum, and while not new to hunting, fairly inexperienced with muzzleloading. My experience has been with a Hawken, and then with a CVA Buckhorn. I am now looking to move a little higher up the food chain.

I will be hunting mule deer and elk in the Colorado High Country, and in Colorado they don't allow smokeless powder, pellets, sabots, scopes, or electronic ignition during their muzzleloader season. Given these limitations, here is my question- How well does the Knight Revolution II shoot Powerbelts or conicals?

I was trying to decide between the NEF Sidekick, TC Omega Z5, and the revolution II. I am leaning very heavily towards the Revolution because, I didn't care for the Sidekick's ramrod, and have heard of issues with it not closing after firing, and I like the balance of the revolution much more than that of the omega with the synthetic stock.

My main concern is that the Revolution can shoot conicals or heavy powerbelts with moderate accuracy (I would be satisfied with 2 1/2" groups at a 100 yards.) Thanks you for your feedback.

First of all Workhorse, let me welcome you to the forum.

This is getting to be a very large forum and lot's of opinions here. I'm sure you will find everyone here to be very cordial and interesting.

Regarding the Knight Rifle.....If you really want to shoot Powerbelts, most knights shoot the heavier 348 or 405 the best.

Don't forget to try some full bore lead conicals...UC may have some great recommendations for you.

Good luck

workhorse said:
Hi guys. New to the forum, and while not new to hunting, fairly inexperienced with muzzleloading. My experience has been with a Hawken, and then with a CVA Buckhorn. I am now looking to move a little higher up the food chain.

I will be hunting mule deer and elk in the Colorado High Country, and in Colorado they don't allow smokeless powder, pellets, sabots, scopes, or electronic ignition during their muzzleloader season. Given these limitations, here is my question- How well does the Knight Revolution II shoot Powerbelts or conicals?

I was trying to decide between the NEF Sidekick, TC Omega Z5, and the revolution II. I am leaning very heavily towards the Revolution because, I didn't care for the Sidekick's ramrod, and have heard of issues with it not closing after firing, and I like the balance of the revolution much more than that of the omega with the synthetic stock.

My main concern is that the Revolution can shoot conicals or heavy powerbelts with moderate accuracy (I would be satisfied with 2 1/2" groups at a 100 yards.) Thanks you for your feedback.

Welcome to the forum. It is great to have you here.

Knight is a great rifle. If I wanted a conical shooter, I would look at the Knight Rolling Block. Presently there is one for sale on this sight, (if not and your interested, let me know) and the price is excellent. $300.00 for a stainless steel model with scope mounts TYD. The Rolling Block has been getting some excellent reviews shooting the big 460 grain Bull Shop conicals. That is an elk killing load. Powerbelts on the other hand while they have taken a lot of elk, I just feel there are better bullets out there. Also the Knight when you need it, throw a scope on it and shoot sabots for long range white tail deer hunting.

The Omega's are not know for their conical shooting ability. The Huntsman and Sidekick, while great rifles also are better sabot shooters from all I have read. Although the Sidekick will shoot conicals too.

These are just my thoughts.

I just checked and it is no longer for sale I guess...

R&R Arms have the rifle on sale. If you want one blued, they are even cheaper. There are some used blued ones out there as well...

Thanks for the responses guys. I am definitely not locked in to powerbelts. I just want something that will be accurate and hit hard with good penetration and expansion. I will get your feedback on what type of conical as time goes along.

Back to the Revolution II, I can get a store model with a realtree camo stock and weather guard barrel for under $225. All the research I've done tells me this is a pretty sweet deal. If accuraccy and durability are my main requirements, will I be happy with this purchase?

I can't offer you much information on the Revolution II because there just is not a lot of posts made about the rifles. Those that have bought them have said they are good sabot shooters. I would guess that is a good deal, I really could not say.

workhorse said:
Thanks for the responses guys. I am definitely not locked in to powerbelts. I just want something that will be accurate and hit hard with good penetration and expansion. I will get your feedback on what type of conical as time goes along.

Back to the Revolution II, I can get a store model with a realtree camo stock and weather guard barrel for under $225. All the research I've done tells me this is a pretty sweet deal. If accuraccy and durability are my main requirements, will I be happy with this purchase?

...not if you want the weather guard barrel...it don't exist.

Yeah, I actually double checked it, and it is the standard black. He also has a new knight extreme for sale, for not much more, but I have never had any experience with that gun, never held one. I need to make up my mind soon.

WH

I am a huge Knight man , The KRB7 that Cayugad was talking about for sale was mine and I took it off because I just couldn't part with it because it is such a super shooter with conicals and saboted loads .
Right now I own 4 Disc Extremes 2 - .45cal & 2 - .50cal 1 - KRB7 .50cal & 1 - wolverine .50cal and all I can say is all of the Knight line will shoot Conicals & sabots with great Accuracy.
If I was to purtches a NEW Knight today to be a Conical shooter it would be the KRB7 or the Disc Extreme !!! With both of mine I can shoot a 3 shot 1" shot group @ 100 yds all day long with eather gun useing Conicals.
IMO if you wan't the best conical made go with the BullShop Custom Conicals (DAN) owner poduces some of the best conicals that money can buy as far as I have been able to find they are the cheepest also
I useually buy 400 at a time and with shipping they run me about $115.00 I also shoot a over the powder wad that is .510-B witch I get from Track of the wolf $7.50 per 1000 with shipping about $10.00
The bore on a Disc extreme is .503 on the KRB7 it is .503 to .503.5 so I order my conicals in a .504 and I can load them with my thumb until I have to use the RR because they get to low in the barrle.

This is my setup on loades that I shoot out of both guns>

Load #1 - 85gr 2fg loose 777 ( a ).504 460gr NEX Bullshop Conical ( a ) .510 Wad & Win. T7 Primers

Load #2 - 85gr 2fg loose 777 ( a ) .504 445gr U C Short Bullshop Conical (a) .510 Wad & Win. T7 Primer

I have tryed the Power Belts & the Harvester SaberTooth and TC Maxi hunter & Ball and with out a dought the BullShop was Supperior .

www.bullshop.gunloads.com
www.trackofthewolf.com

RON

Latest posts

Back