Knight synthetic length of pull?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shguns

Reaction score
How many of you Knight Disc Extreme owners have shortened your stocks?
I am 5' 11" tall and have about normal arm length. I have measured my go to centerfire stocks and they measure about 13 1/2" in length of pull. My Knight measures a bit over 14", which I know is their standard length.
For warm weather its ok, but for cold weather hunting with layers of clothes on its pretty long.
So if you have altered your stocks' length was there any problems doing it?
Thanks

I never had a problem, or noticed it, when switching from my Remington Model 700s to my Knight DISC Extremes in all weather conditions. I too am 5' 11" tall.

shguns said:
How many of you Knight Disc Extreme owners have shortened your stocks?
I am 5' 11" tall and have about normal arm length. I have measured my go to centerfire stocks and they measure about 13 1/2" in length of pull. My Knight measures a bit over 14", which I know is their standard length.
For warm weather its ok, but for cold weather hunting with layers of clothes on its pretty long.
So if you have altered your stocks' length was there any problems doing it?
Thanks

You and your measurement are correct. I have both shortened and changed recoil pads to get the LOP down and more comfortable for me especially when hunting in bulky hunting clothes//

Sabotloader,
Is shortening the synthetic stock a pretty straight forward operation?
Did you use a different recoil pad?
Thanks

shguns said:
Sabotloader,
Is shortening the synthetic stock a pretty straight forward operation?
Did you use a different recoil pad?
Thanks

Shortening a Knight synthetic is pretty striaght forward. It is a solid butt stock. Watch how close you get the the bottom sling stud. Then you will have to grind/sand off the old or new recoil pad to fit your stock.

What I have been doing lately is removing the 1" Knight recoil pad and installing a new 1/2" Limbsaver that absorbs more than the 1" Knight. You still have to grind fit the pad to the stock...

Follow this thread...

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... =limbsaver

I would like to show you more but Photobucket had this great idea to make their site batter and more likeable to the face book people and right it is junk here - can not even get on...

Thanks,
thats what I was hoping to hear. I'm going to see if I can find a thinnner pad to install before I try cutting the stock. Probably won't tackle anything until after the middle of Dec. though.

Unless your one of those guys that is 48 Long in the coat and above a Standard LOP is too long for normal shooting. Add bulky clothes and it just gets ridiculous.

You may not feel it but get with someone that is a certified trainer that understands the principles of rifle marksmanship and let them spend some time working with you at the range. You will have a better understanding of how the rifle is suppose to fit to your shoulder and how the rifle sinks into the pocket.

Jeff Coopers book Art of the Rifle has a good section about this. I advise anyone that is interested in being a better rifle shooter to pick up a copy of this book and read it. It will improve your understanding of the rifle and marksmanship no matter what level you are on now.

Back