Knight UL Scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
Just made a deal to buy a used Ultra-Lite. I won't pick it up for a month. Can anyone show me pictures of their setup? Looking for a compact scope, but not seeing many around. I just wondering if a 3-9x40 would look awkwardly large. Thanks as always.

I don't have a UL, but if I did I would go with a QUALITY 3-9x40 (or 3.5-10) personally. That's what I have on all my rifles. I don't care for compacts unless on a much smaller rifle. Most 3-9's aren't super long or overly large. Leupold, Sightron, Vortex, etc

Sightron has a new line coming but not till Sept ish. They are called something like SI G series. They are basic hunting scopes. Not a whole lot out there in small 3-9s other than Loopie and pretty cheap Chinese stuff in the mid to lower price ranges. Vortex has a 3-9x40 Viper but i think the eye relief wasnt all that great.

They have a smaller 2.5-10x44 with a pretty good track record and its about $220 on sale.
12" OAL
16.5oz
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020461155

Here is an Ultra-Lite with a 1x, a 1.5x-5x, a 2.5x-8x, and a 3.5x-10x mounted.

IM_5698.jpg

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

5702.jpg

Thanks all. I like that 2.5-8. I have a VXIII I could pull off another rifle. Just don't like the tall turret covers it has.

Looks like most of my favorites are discontinued. Redfield Revolution 2-7 and the Leupold Freedom 2-7 appear to be gone.

Last edited:
A simple 3x9x40 scope won't look awkward on a Knight UL set up. It is a pretty standard stock/barrel option. I use a similar but higher quality recommended 2x10x44 on mine and it looks great size wise. Get what you like they'll all look nice on that gun.

Been looking hard at the Burris Fullfield E1 muzzleloader scope. Any have any experience with it? I usually prefer a simple plex, but it seems to be getting harder to find.

Thanks. I need to work some overtime to buy the rifle and a scope. I think I got a good deal as long as it goes through.

Been looking hard at the Burris Fullfield E1 muzzleloader scope. Any have any experience with it? I usually prefer a simple plex, but it seems to be getting harder to find.
The Burris is almost identical size as the Leupold 3-9 on my Knight disc. I think it would also be a fine fit on the UL.

This was the UL rifle I had and sold but it wore a 3x9x40 on it in Leupold Med Rings and bases.

Attachments

• 20160305_080041.jpg
    20160305_080041.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 16
I ended up topping my UL with a Burris Signature HD 2-10x40. So far, I've been pretty impressed with it. I've seen really good prices on them lately.

Attachments

• 20210528_165121.jpg
    20210528_165121.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 12
2-7, 2.5-8, 3-9 all "look" fine on the Ultra-lite, it's a 200 yard hunting rifle - I don't need a Hubble on it.

Mine is probably getting a Crimson Trace Brushline on it in the next month. The scope is bought, just need to mount it.

Back