Kodiak double rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t own one, but I’ve seen them shot Friendship at the double rifle shoots.. Afew guys have them shooting well..
Of all the ones I’ve seen - I like the 12b (72cal) best.

I have a .72 version with the pistol grip stock. I ordered it on sale from Cabela's probably 15 years ago. I remember it was $650 shipped. I think they are at least double that now. It's pretty heavy to drag around hunting but it's fun to shoot deer with. I've shot 5 deer with it over the years and none have run off. It just bowls them over.

I have my eve on a used 54. Just can't justify the price. Buy trying to. Lol. Always liked the idea.

The .50, .54, & .58's are all made on the same barrel blanks. So the .50 weighs a ton and they get lighter as the bore size goes up. I had a .50 I bought with some other guns as a package at an estate sale years ago that I sold without even shooting it. Hated how muzzle heavy it was. I helped a guy work up a load who had a .58 as i had a number of .58 molds. It handled pretty nice.

Always have a soft spot for 54 cal as it was the 1st smoke pole. I owned. But at close to 1grand even thought it looks new. I just can't bring myself to buy it.

I don't blame you. It's too much $ in my mind for a used one. I love .54's too, great all around performer.

Back