KRB misfires?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced misfires with a KRB? About the 3rd time I took it out, I starting having misfires where the 209 primer did not go off. Usually, if I simply cock it and pull the trigger again, it would go off. When I looked at the primer, it definately had a smaller dent in it than one that went off. Also, this has happened on two different boxes of winchester 777 primers, so I don't think it is the primers.

When I get done shooting, I remove the trigger assembly and first clean it with a toothbrush and butches bore shine, then water, then dry it and spray it with Rem Oil with teflon. Am I doing something wrong or do you think I may have a defective trigger?

This is also only happening about 1 in 30 shots.

Maybe you forget to push the hammer mounted safety forward? :wink:

If you pull out the trigger/hammer assembly - can you see the ends of the hammer spring on top of the darker section alongside the set screw? That spring may be weak or the hammer might be dragging on something as it travels forward.

2002146996916479691_fs.jpg

You might try pushing that pin out just below the circle 1 on the hammer in the picture above. Use a dowel, piece of ramrod or something so you can leave it in while the pin is out. Make sure the pin isn't roughed up, clean it, put a bit of good lube on it - then slide it back into position as you push the dowel out.

If you let that hammer loose (nothing holding it position), don't call me. :lol:

I have definately pulled the trigger without pushing the hammer down, but that was not the case in the incidents that I am referring to. The primer definately had a small dent in it, just not enough to make it go off.

I will "carefully" try what you suggest about the pin under the hammer!

i had the same problem. i called knight and they said for me to ship the gun to them and they replaced the trigger mechanism. shipping for me cost (with insurance) about $30 and all they wanted to do is give me some stupid sabots so i complained and they said to go to thier web site and pick out stuff that i wanted. hope this helps

good luck with it. i would still complain and get something for your aggravation.

Latest posts

Back