Lanes Tubes / Speed Loaders / My setup / tripod pic added

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
Here is how I am using my Lanes Tubes

I got a HS stock mate shotgun shell holder and put
90grn BH 209 in the short tubes (three of them)
Win 209 primers in another short one(9 or 10,I put two more in the holes of the recoil pad)
Three Shockwave 200's in a Long tube,They fit nice and tight so they wont fall out,It is working great.
Thanks Lane

LanesTubescloseup.jpg

Lanestubes.jpg

I use a 7 pocket fanny pack with short starter and other possibles plus other gear for the hunt.
A larger pack that the fanny pack attatches to holds a small coleman heater,thermos,tripod and camera,extra clothes,lunch and magazines for groundblind reading.I use the tripod as my shooting rest by attatching the gun holder from another shooting stick and putting that on the camera cleat and then on the tripod,Rock steady.I can hold on target and raise or lower with the crank.

NikonTripodshootingrest.jpg

Looks like a slick setup. Never thought about a stock shotshell holder for quickloads, neat idea.

scott.

I am set the same way you are but using an anti static foam that came in an flat screen tv my folks got last year to hold my charges and bullet, throw them in my pocket or fanny pack.

I made a few changes tonight
I put my short starter in the shell holder and the primers in the recoil pad.
So I have the shot in the barrel and three back up's with 4 primers in case 1 doesn't fire.

buttstockchanges1.jpg

primers1.jpg

I'm a tweaker
I'll know when I get it just right

set up

Saxman, I was wondering about the t handle you added to that set up. It looks like it might catch on your clothing when you put it up to your shoulder? Also, does that fabric seem too stretchy on that stock, does it move ar slide round much? I like that set up seems evrything is ready to go just pick up the gun and walk.

I'd like to purchase some Lanes Tubes. Do you have contact info. for them. Thanx

Re: set up

Bucker said:
Saxman, I was wondering about the t handle you added to that set up. It looks like it might catch on your clothing when you put it up to your shoulder? Also, does that fabric seem too stretchy on that stock, does it move ar slide round much? I like that set up seems evrything is ready to go just pick up the gun and walk.

I shouldered it about a dozen times and it didn't catch.ofcourse that doesn't mean it wont.I may change things over and over till I get it right.
I would rather the T Handle go under the holder but I dont want to scratch my stock.

The fabric fits nice and tight and has not moved yet.
I want a camo one cause I am a camo nut.
One day I will have the all camo Encore

Wow!

Those are great ideas :)

Here are some pics for some more ideas :wink:

This is a 250g old style/hard tip SST and supplied sabot. Push it to the bottom, and add pellets. Or you can add loose powder-up to 120gV, cap and you got your speed loader. Just load the powder, then rap the tube in your palm and the SST comes out, ready to finish the load

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

These are the short 5-7ml, 110gV powder tubes, in this MTM shotgun shell holder(Found it at BassPro):D
IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

My Forum Brothers, Please remember to PM or Email me directly :wink:

Do NOT use the Ebay Site! I have to raise prices there to cover all the ebay expenses :x

Back