Large Rifle Primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has been seeing large rifle primers in stores? I know they are in short supply right now... I keep looking and the spot on the shelf where they belong at the gun shop remains empty.

Saw some the other day for the first time in a long time. They didn’t last long and prices way up in MA

Where in VA are you from? Any particular brand? Regular or magnums? I could most likely part with couple of hundred... I can't check right now. I'm riding a tree stand right now.

Where in VA are you from? Any particular brand? Regular or magnums? I could most likely part with couple of hundred... I can't check right now. I'm riding a tree stand right now.
Winchester area, ideally magnums but I’d take regular especially if they were Winchester LRPs. Federal/cci would be my next choice

Well it seems I have all of them. I have winchesters-federal regular and mag. And a few cci's- cci's are not mags. I have a few remingtons as well. You ever get to Roanoke?

Saw some the other day for the first time in a long time. They didn’t last long and prices way up in MA

I will bet that was cabelas. The word went out fast on that. The mfg retail for CCI primers is now $60-63 per 1000. The new normal. To thier credit, Cabelas is not price gouging or auctioning their primer allotment on Gun Broker. Many of the local shops are not so honorable.

Last edited:
Well I just grossly overpaid for 1000 large rifle primers on gunbroker…don’t ask how much. 1000 will last me a very long time. Just got sick of waiting to find them. It will be my luck they’ll show up at my local gun store next time I’m there. Oh well, I guess this is the new normal for the firearms industry :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back