Latest hunt picture, only a good one with your animal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
SUBJECT: Latest hunt picture, only a good one with your animal. That way its easier to read and look at your latest prize.

Here's my last buck taken two years ago, stopped hunting after my old friend (sitting on the tail [right side)] has passed on). We were both using Sharps rifles with duplex loads (10% - modern powder with black powder handloads).

hunting.jpg

2016..."Wildcat" load.
IMG_0132_-_Copy_zps3xaiwkvg.jpg

https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t10515-success-on-my-day-2

My last one with my 58 caliber rifle I built. 35" barrel, walnut stock, with an extra barrel fitted that is 54 caliber. The shot was taken at 30 feet at the buck as he quartered away. I had gotten much closer then I really wanted but it seemed to work out.
41279673011_3bb71b89d0_z.jpg
IMG_0488 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

Interesting! What range? I'm asking because I'm getting ready for a cow elk hunt with my Kentucky rifle and it's a 1:66 twist; I'm working up loads with 385 Great Plains bullets. (detailed in earlier posts).

25 Maybe 30 yards. It was directly behind his shoulder and exited. After the shot he maybe went 30 yards max.
p1040912.jpg

p1040913.jpg

I have gotten so close that could have touched deer with the muzzle, had to leave them move away as to close for a sight picture.

Here is a shot of my self at home with a rabbit I shot through the shoulders at 75 yards with my early Lancaster longrifle, Rabbit was in the horse paddock, needless to say my nags were most entertained.
27823495328_423d92da1d.jpg
P1000357 by Gordon Hazel, on Flickr

Bob, just got to sorting out again how to post photos.  I will post another when I nail a roo, that .40 is death to them !! Certainly not as impressive as the deer I have seen posted earlier !

Latest posts

Back