Lawn art carnage....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batchief909

Reaction score
Shot the Renegade that I got from SL'er Sunday morning. Started off with 70gr. of Swiss 3F. Did decent,,,but went up to 80gr. Did better,,and settled on that for the time being.

Last 4 shots averaged an inch or so at 50 yards with the open sites.

Then Nimrodder and I decided to whack some innocent chunks of concrete,,at the same distance.

The load was 80gr. of Swiss 3F...followed by an unlubed felt wad..then a 460gr. Bullshop conical sized at .503. RWS #11 caps....

carnage.jpg

carnage2.jpg

I like it, Mike. Shes thoroughly cleaned and resting comfortably... :wink:

Those were some tough critters :lol: . Wonder how them deer would have stood up to a BS 620 grainer :p . SL, that gun was alot of fun to shoot and mighty accurate.

WOW... I do believe that will penetrate a deer.

That is a heck of a test for a conical bullet. It would have been interesting if you had recovered it, but I am sure it splattered. That swiss is some good stuff.

Hmmmm, looks to me like that 460 BS went and over expanded/blew up on the shoulder. Probably best to stick with the bow hunters shot " behind the leg and into the lungs"

Dave, we shot 2 concrete deer that day. One with the muzzy and the other with my 12ga slug gun. I found one bullet that I believe is from the the shotgun. The round was a Remington Buckhammer 1 1/4 oz slug.

007-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

frontier gander said:
Hmmmm, looks to me like that 460 BS went and over expanded/blew up on the shoulder. Probably best to stick with the bow hunters shot " behind the leg and into the lungs"

I will take that assumption into full consideration, Gander! Thanks for your input!!

I always try to see things from your point of view.

Lately.....I'm just having a hard time shoving my head that far up my azz... 8)

Batchief909 said:
Shot the Renegade that I got from SL'er Sunday morning. Started off with 70gr. of Swiss 3F. Did decent,,,but went up to 80gr. Did better,,and settled on that for the time being.

Last 4 shots averaged an inch or so at 50 yards with the open sites.

Then Nimrodder and I decided to whack some innocent chunks of concrete,,at the same distance.

The load was 80gr. of Swiss 3F...followed by an unlubed felt wad..then a 460gr. Bullshop conical sized at .503. RWS #11 caps....

carnage.jpg

carnage2.jpg

I like it, Mike. Shes thoroughly cleaned and resting comfortably... :wink:

Oh Deer!!! :p

I did not think you and Nim would really do that... shoot the yard art! Holy cow :!: :!: :!: ifn I did that here, i kin only imagine that carnage that might happen - and it would not happen to the 'yard art'

That gun is a good shooter but I was pushing the bull shop along a bit harder with 90 grains T7-3f... UC tolt me I was nutz!

You guys ruined your backyard decoy. Could have came from an unsuccessful hunt and found a buck fighting with your lawn art like this guy did. :lol:
concretedeer1.jpg

LOL!!

Man, I just checked the prices of those concrete deer... :shock: :shock:

I got 3 more :D . I'm saving the concrete buck for my eight year old who is going to participate in Indiana's youth deer hunt in September . He needs a realistic target LOL.

Latest posts

Back