Lehigh Breech Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerlessbob

Reaction score
I haven’t been happy with groups this fall and decided I may have worn out my CVA BH 209 breech plug. I liked the reviews of the Lehigh plug so I ordered one. It was promptly delivered and I took it to the range Monday this week. I proceeded to shoot my best group of the year shown below. When cleaning the Accura V2 afterwards, I decided to remove the vent liner but there wasn’t one! I contacted Lehigh by email and explained my situation. The rep I corresponded with said there was a very slight chance they had sent me a plug with a brazed in liner that they produce for Knight and asked that I examine my BP very closely and look for signs of brazing. I let him know what I had seen and he advised they are sending me a new plug and I can keep the current one. I’ve heard good things about Lehigh and this certainly confirms their reputation for me. Outstanding customer service!

upload_2019-10-31_8-54-38.jpeg

Could you show a pic of the front of the breech plug in question?

I don’t have a camera that will show the vent liner clearly. But the Lehigh rep I corresponded with told me to look for a silver/gold solder line around the head. What I saw was what looked like tiny bright stitches there and told him that. He then let me know he was shipping me a replacement.
As for CVA breech plugs not fitting a Knight, I’m just reporting what he told me. Could Knight be working on something new that would or did Lehigh accidentally put this vent liner in the CVA plug? I have no idea.

Lehigh CVA plug
CVA-Breech-Plug.jpg

Lehigh Knight plug on the right
nzJLGR1.jpg

ZaXN3VP.jpg

When i wore out my cva blackhorn breechplug i drilled it out to accept a ventliner. Somewhere on this forum i found the instructions to DIY. Pretty easy and better than buying new bp every couple years. but i also own the Lehigh version and they both work great.

Back