Lehigh Extreme Penetrator

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiggerLueb

Reaction score
I am getting excellent accuracy with 200 grain(.40 with Harvester Crushed Rib sabots) Lehigh Defense Extreme Penetrators in my .45 caliber muzzle loaders. My question is, has anyone used these on whitetail deer or similar animal?

I have not used them as a hunting bullet but.. I do understand the theory of the bullet and it really does work. But in many states you are not allowed to hunt with a non expanding bullet. The way the Penetrators work has nothing to do with expansion, it works based on velocity and the collection of liquid in the nose of the bullet which is then channeled to narrow exit point and forced upward and outward cutting organ tissue that the fluid contacts. I know that is really not a good explanation but I hope you can see the basic principle.

I think if you were to look up information about the 'Devil Bullet' you could gain more information on the operation of the bullet.

Devil-Bullet-Charles-Kelsey.jpg

Latest posts

Back