Leupold 10x42

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcchartboy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently decided to pick up a new pair of Bino's for myself as Mel will be using my older ones this year, (Leupold Mesa 8x42's). While I knew I wanted to get a pair of roof prisms, originaly I was not sure what I wanted. After a brief search I came to the same conclusion I often reach...If I could find a good price on a pair of Leupolds there would really be no way I could lose out.

Last week I picked up this pair of Leupold Wind River Cascade 10x42's, like new, in the box, with perfect lenses for 200$ including a free pair of Crooken Horn Outfitters bino straps...

So far I am extrememly pleased with them, however, once I get a chance to test them in the field, I will be sure to post a report...

Here are the specs...
http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shoo ... s-10x42mm/

134_3410.jpg

134_3414.jpg

After a brief search I came to the same conclusion I often reach...If I could find a good price on a pair of Leupolds there would really be no way I could lose out.

I come to that same conclusion quite often! :lol: Those sure look like nice binoculars!

big6x6 said:
Those sure look like nice binoculars!

Thanks Chuck,

They really are exactly what I was looking for...An exceptional price, (Dealer price is $220), and while not the absolute best optics in the world, certainly good enough to meet all of for my demands....

Any time I can purchase high quality optics at such a great price, I always consider that a big win... :D

JC

Jim,

I looked at the Vortex lines as well. However, as you know, I am pretty cost conscious about my optics purchases and I decided that the Vortex would simply not hold their value... Not only are they hard to find at a discount, if I decided to sell them at some point very few people have ever even heard of the company, meaning you lose on both ends unless you were to fall in love with them and hold on to them forever.

JC

If you looked through them you wouldn't want to ever part with them. My Leica's cost me a fair chunk of change. I am extremely hard on equipt. I sent a 20 year old pair of Leica 7X42's back to Leica for a complete rebuild. $300.00 dollars later and they are like brand NEW. For me optics in that price range are essentially throw- aways anyway. When your sucking air on an elk hunt or clawing your way through devils club and alders on Kodiak the last thing your thinking about is.... gee I hope my lenses aren't getting any debris on them.

jcchartboy said:
Jim,

I looked at the Vortex lines as well. However, as you know, I am pretty cost conscious about my optics purchases and I decided that the Vortex would simply not hold their value... Not only are they hard to find at a discount, if I decided to sell them at some point very few people have ever even heard of the company, meaning you lose on both ends unless you were to fall in love with them and hold on to them forever.

JC

JC,

Vortex binos are well known...especially on Archerytalk.com. I'm primarily a bowhunter and have been looking for a "reduced price" pair of binos myself. If I can find a pair of Vortex at a considerably reduced price then I'll jump on them.

Paul

VENISONEATR said:
When your sucking air on an elk hunt.... the last thing your thinking about is.... gee I hope my lenses aren't getting any debris on them.

Jim,

I hear you completely...That is why I can not justify paying $1k for optics at this point in my life...

JC

newhunter1 said:
Vortex binos are well known...especially on Archerytalk.com. I'm primarily a bowhunter and have been looking for a "reduced price" pair of binos myself. If I can find a pair of Vortex at a considerably reduced price then I'll jump on them.

Paul

Hey Paul,

That is exactly my point. They are well enough known in knowledgeable circles that are difficult to find when you want them. However, not well enough known that you could readily sell them for a good price if you needed to....

If I were you I would set a listing alert on Ebay if you are interested in finding a good deal on the Vortex's. That is how found these Leupold's, in fact they were even buy it now, so there was no waiting or auctioning...

JC

I am curious how Doohan's binoculars compare to jcchartboy's? When you guys get together on some hunting/fishing trip in the future we want an unbiased report comparing the two. Neutral shooters in the group to test them. In fact if you both send them to me I will free of charge give both an extensive 10 year test in all conditions and then report back to you. Awaiting your replies.

In fact if you both send them to me I will free of charge give both an extensive 10 year test in all conditions and then report back to you. Awaiting your replies.

WHAT a GUY! :roll: :D

Jim,

I have something in the works... Once I empty these 2 pringles cans, I will give you a call.

Anyone know a good source of plastic lenses???

A deserved response to me. I did not think my idea would fly.

Latest posts

Back