Leupold Ultimate Slam 3x9x40mm ML scope.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobcat_trapper

Reaction score
I got a Leupold Ultimate Slam ML 3x9x40mm scope. It says 150 gr on 9 power too sight in at 100 yds. I am shooting 84grs by weight of blackhorn. Would that work ? I don't want to use 777. I am hoping it will. I was using 250gr sst. But going to try hornady 290gr bore driver bullets this season. I have the scope on my CVA Optima V2 50 cal LR nitride rifle.

The 84 weighed grains is max for that gun so sight it in. With those bullets you might find the sweet spot at a lower charge rate, say 77 grains weighed.

I got a Leupold Ultimate Slam ML 3x9x40mm scope. It says 150 gr on 9 power too sight in at 100 yds. I am shooting 84grs by weight of blackhorn. Would that work ? I don't want to use 777. I am hoping it will. I was using 250gr sst. But going to try hornady 290gr bore driver bullets this season. I have the scope on my CVA Optima V2 50 cal LR nitride rifle.
Nice scope and rifle. I have the optima lr nitride finish. I've got the leupold on my slug gun and I'm impressed with it.

I am hunting around clearcuts. Plus i have a chance at a bear. I am used to shooting 84 grs. I will try 3 shot group with 84 grs too. Bear and deer ML season opens Saturday. Off 9 days too hunt.

I have the Accura V2 Lr with the same scope. I'm shooting 80grn blackhorn by volume with a xtp 240 and I used the 2 pellet mark to sight in my Rifle. I'm getting 1in groups at 100yds. The Leupold VX is very clear and gathers a lot of light at dawn and dusk!

Latest posts

Back