List of Muzzleloaders that use smokeless?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wont ruin anything and nearly any gunsmith can convert back to a CF in minutes with the barrel nut wrench. IIRC, the new bolt head made for a 209 swaps out just like all Savage bolt heads. There were several videos on YouTube on how to swap bolt heads.

GM54-120 said:
You wont ruin anything and nearly any gunsmith can convert back to a CF in minutes with the barrel nut wrench. IIRC, the new bolt head made for a 209 swaps out just like all Savage bolt heads. There were several videos on YouTube on how to swap bolt heads.

Correct me if I wrong but I think the Savage 209 bolt heads used in the conversions like mine are for short action Savages not long actions like his 110?

243 is a long action?

They used to make a model 110 short action in 243 and 308 before it was renamed the model 10.

GM54-120 said:
243 is a long action?

They used to make a model 110 short action in 243 and 308 before it was renamed the model 10.

I thought that they were a true long action even with short action calibers. They just used spacers in the blind mags to work with the short cartridges. :think: :huh?:

Im not really sure but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Model_110

In 1959 a short-action version was introduced, chambered in .243 Winchester and .308 Winchester and at that same time,

In 1998, Savage re-engineered the short action Model 110 and adopted a new model numbering scheme to differentiate short action models from the long actions. Thus, the short action Model 110 became the Model 10

I found a Rem 700mls that had a neglected barrel. My parts are on order so hopefully I will be able to shoot it when our snow disappears in May. :D Just about 4' on the ground right now so shooting has taken a back seat to shoveling. :(

HawgHunter said:
I found a Rem 700mls that had a neglected barrel. My parts are on order so hopefully I will be able to shoot it when our snow disappears in May. :D Just about 4' on the ground right now so shooting has taken a back seat to shoveling. :(

Let the journey begin!!!

http://www.hankinscustomrifles.com/

Jeff Hankins offers SMLs based on Rem 700 actions with Krieger, Brux or Bartlien cut rifle barrel. He uses his own design primer modules for use with LRMPs. He also offers breach plug conversions for APEX, Encore and H&R 45/70s using a similar style breach plug and module. Soon he will be releasing a drop in replacement 209 breach plug for Savage MLIIs.

Latest posts

Back