Load Development

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm just wanting to verify my starting load development with more knowledgeable guys, than myself. This is my first try at muzzleloading.
Rifle is Knight Ultra-lite .50 caliber.

Primer is Federal 209A
Hodgdon Triple 7 (FFFG)
No Excuses 420 grain &
Thor 300 gr.
Starting load is 68 grains by weight, going to 105 grains by weight, by 5 grain increments. All loads are +/- .02

Your thoughts?

I'm just wanting to verify my starting load development with more knowledgeable guys, than myself. This is my first try at muzzleloading.
Rifle is Knight Ultra-lite .50 caliber.

Primer is Federal 209A
Hodgdon Triple 7 (FFFG)
No Excuses 420 grain &
Thor 300 gr.
Starting load is 68 grains by weight, going to 105 grains by weight, by 5 grain increments. All loads are +/- .02

Your thoughts?
Looks good..I’d recommend an opw for the no excuses load..I think I you will find the sweet spot for that bullet right around 80 grains..keep us posted

Looks good..I’d recommend an opw for the no excuses load..I think I you will find the sweet spot for that bullet right around 80 grains..keep us posted
Felt, or pre-lubed? The 50 caliber lubed are .50 to.59 so they must be loaded before the bullet. The felt go right in or should I be using the .40 to .49 lubed?

Latest posts

Back