Loads and non-toxic bullets for Accura MR-X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Palmer5429

Reaction score
Relatively new to muzzleloading. Just got a CVA Accura MR-X for Christmas and for the first time will be using granulized propellant (BH209) instead of Pyrodex Pellets. I am looking for some starting load data for non-toxic bullets with BH209. So far I've identified Thor Hammers and Lightnings, Barnes TMZ's, TEZ'S, Magnum MZ's and Expanders, Federal Bor-Lok's, Traditions Smack Down Bleeds, Hornady Mono-Flex's and Remington Accutips as available non-toxic's on the market. Anyone have any other completely non-lead bullets and load data for same they'd be willing to share?

My Accura PR Likes 74 Grains weighed BH 209 and a 250 Grain 44 cal Maximus all copper bullet from Cutting Edge Bullets in a Green Harvester Crush rib sabot. This is a fairly tight loading round but extremely accurate.

My Accura PR Likes 74 Grains weighed BH 209 and a 250 Grain 44 cal Maximus all copper bullet from Cutting Edge Bullets in a Green Harvester Crush rib sabot. This is a fairly tight loading round but extremely accurate.
Like how accurate Ron?

When I first bought this rifle several years back, I spent a lot of time developing this load and got the group down t about 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards shooting supported. Every year since I fire 3-5 rounds sitting positioned like I am in my tree stand and the groups are always right at an inch. I could tighten them up at the bench with better support but unless something changes, I leave everything as is. I have killed several deer over the years out to 135 yards and the combo has always resulted in very quick kills.

Relatively new to muzzleloading. Just got a CVA Accura MR-X for Christmas and for the first time will be using granulized propellant (BH209) instead of Pyrodex Pellets. I am looking for some starting load data for non-toxic bullets with BH209. So far I've identified Thor Hammers and Lightnings, Barnes TMZ's, TEZ'S, Magnum MZ's and Expanders, Federal Bor-Lok's, Traditions Smack Down Bleeds, Hornady Mono-Flex's and Remington Accutips as available non-toxic's on the market. Anyone have any other completely non-lead bullets and load data for same they'd be willing to share?
My Accura LRX likes the Barnes tez 290 grain bullets with blue sabots with 70 grains weighed BH 209. 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards with open sights. Loads easy for a saboted bullet.

Latest posts

Back