NEW ACCURA MR SS RANGE DAY

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
Well took her out today and broke her in. I shot four different bullets, sabot combo, but sighted her in with the PT GOLDS 260 and the harvester black smooth EZ load sabot. All the bullets did find. The SMACK DOWN did not do as good as the others. Here are the stats.
ACCURA MR SS
DNZ MOUNT
BUSHNELL DOA 250
FIOCCHI 616 209 PRIMERS
110 GR. BH 209
BULLETS WERE: PT GOLDS 260/EZ-LOAD HARVESTER SABOT, BARNES TEZ 250/EZ-LOAD HARVESTER SABOT, SMACK DOWN 250 WITH THE YELLOW SABOT THAT COMES WITH THE BULLET, AND THE MONOFLEX 250/WITH RED SABOTS.
All shot were at 100 yrds.

Firs two shot at one 100 yrds with the PT GOLDS went to the right and high, adjusted left, but went I bit to much, and that is the one by itself to the left o the bull. Adjusted right, and she was there, I did go down 2 clicks and the last made a nice clover leaf. Right bottom target are the MONO FLEX all three of them. upper left are the Barnes TEZ 250 all three again, and left bottom are the smack down, thye did good but I know they can shoot better. Next outing will be Sunday and I will change the sabots on the smack down.
Carlos
ACCURAMRBLACK_zps95c92fa3.jpg

:cheers: 

Awesome shooting buddy :!: Seems like you haven't lost your eye   ;) 

Ray............. :thumbs up:

Great shooting Carlos! I hope I can do as well with the new Accura MR SS I got from you a couple of weeks ago. The place I usually shoot at is still under two feet of snow so I haven't had a chance to do any shooting with it.
I am wondering if you swabbed the barrel or did you do any cleaning of the BP during your session? Also, is 110 grains of BH209 where you get the best accuracy? I know my gun could be different, but I need to start somewhere, since I will be shooting the PT Gold 260's with Fiocchi primers.
Richard

Ole' Dead Eye Carlos is at it again :)  Great shooting my friend :):)

ragrell said:
Great shooting Carlos! I hope I can do as well with the new Accura MR SS I got from you a couple of weeks ago. The place I usually shoot at is still under two feet of snow so I haven't had a chance to do any shooting with it.
I am wondering if you swabbed the barrel or did you do any cleaning of the BP during your session? Also, is 110 grains of BH209 where you get the best accuracy? I know my gun could be different, but I need to start somewhere, since I will be shooting the PT Gold 260's with Fiocchi primers.
Richard
Richard, I do not swab, or clean the BP out during my session. I just go shoot until I'm done and clean it when I get home. My pet load has been 110 gr. of BH 209, and still is, so I would start there. My gun will not to different from yours, so I donot see any problems at all. Have fun and keep us posted.
Carlos

Latest posts

Back