Log book

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
With this new build I have in the works once I start shooting I want to really keep track of things and keep good records of each and every shot, load data, etc. I’ve said this before with new guns but this time I’m serious lol. Anybody else do this and have a good notebook they would recommend? I’ve googled it and found somethings close.

http://www.impactdatabooks.com/Default.asp

Shooting Logbook: Target, Handloading Logbook, Range Shooting Book, Including Target Diagrams https://www.amazon.com/dp/1544269390/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3eyLCbQMBQBFP

I keep track of how many shots on my smokeless muzzleloaders. Nothing fancy, just lined paper. I log # of shots, load data, and if accuracy was good. I keep some targets but mainly take pics of the target and store them on the laptop with load data.

I keep a note book for each of my rifles. Loads, targets, random thoughts and hunting stories.
I've picked up too many rifles and wondered about their individual history. When I fall off the perch, or pass them on, whoever gets them won't have to wonder and I hope they'll add their own stories too.

FWIW, this is what I've been using: https://www.riteintherain.com/field-flex-book-universal-tan-4-5-8-x-7-1-4

It may not have pre-labled info blocks, but It's pretty easy to just write down the important stuff from any field or range trip on plain lined pages, and the paper in these notebooks is quite durable and don't get mangled from just tossing in the range bags. I also use a binder clip to keep the books closed and hold a pen to write with.

treepotato- Thats pretty cool! I did end up ordering the one in the Amazon link but if its not quite what I am looking for I'll try your suggestion, thanks.

there is one by Jim Owens , that is good. Buffalo Arms sell it

I keep a note book for each of my rifles. Loads, targets, random thoughts and hunting stories.
I've picked up too many rifles and wondered about their individual history. When I fall off the perch, or pass them on, whoever gets them won't have to wonder and I hope they'll add their own stories too.

I've floated the idea to people a couple times and maybe this exists but I haven't found it yet. What about a website/forum for tracking all things hunting season? Rather than a thread for specific things, users would each have their own journal section. I'm that goes all the things you want to keep- scouting, shooting, weapon related stuff, etc. Keep track of hunting deer, birds, coyotes, etc. Fishing. All of it. Then while it would primarily be your own journal of sorts, others could comment with advice, ecouragement, congrats, etc. I can visualize the whole thing but don't know how to build a website.

Anyone think it would be a good idea or not so much?

Latest posts

Back