Longer range loads for my Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Browning

Reaction score
I'm currently shooting a 415gr. lead slug out of my 91.
I would love to get your opinions and suggestions for a sabot round that can extend my range up to 300 yards. I've heard about
these loads, but need to know more.
Thanks
Scott

Browning said:
I would love to get your opinions and suggestions for a sabot round that can extend my range up to 300 yards. I've heard about
Thanks
Scott
For that range I use 90 gr powder with a .465 lead conical and for a sabot load I use 110 gr powder with a PR 260 gr Dead Center. My S91 is a .451 , I assume that’s what you are talking about

.451 shoot the best for long range. Woodgoat would be the best source for information.

Browning said:
Thanks
Scott

Whate is twist on barrel. try bore size conical, it is what they were made for. 400 to 500 grn. with about 85 grns. swiss 2ff and over powder wad

Re: RE: Longer range loads for my Super 91

Browning said:
Thanks
Scott
I haven't looked but Google whites best loads and doc has a whole page on loads for all the different calibers and bullet types

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

45cal said:
Browning said:
Thanks
Scott

Whate is twist on barrel. try bore size conical, it is what they were made for. 400 to 500 grn. with about 85 grns. swiss 2ff and over powder wad
OP didn't give the caliber but in Whites: .451 is 1:20 and .504 is 1:24 twist

Back