looking for a Blackhorn 209 in Maine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maineboy

Reaction score
Fellow Mainers: I've been wanting to try Blackhorn 209 in my KP1 but according to the 209 website, Cabela's in Scarborough is the only place in Maine listed as 209 retailer. That's a 325 mile drive from where I live. The local gun store can't/won't get it. Is anyone aware of a source closer to the Northern part of the state? I will be heading south to visit friends in mid October and would pick some up then, but I would prefer to start load development soon.

You must have some Wal*Mart stores a little closer than 325 miles? Check with them. They have carried it in the Michigan stores for the last 2 years now.

There is a Walmart not too far away but they only carry Pyrodex and Triple 7. I will ask if they can order it.

If you have no luck at Walmart, (I didn't), I have 1/2 bottle left from last years purchase at Cabellas.
I'm going to Bangor 10/12 to pick up my son at the airport for a bird hunt. I can meet or leave it there if you know someone in town.
My brother is close to Cabellas and can pick me up a new bottle on his way up for the same hunt.
Walmart online with ship to store may work though, let me know.
Brad

Walmart's website says for in store purchase only. I'll check with the clerk at the sporting goods desk to see if he will order it for me. Bacass, thanks but that will be around the time my wife and I will be in the Scarborough area and I will hit Cabela's then. I really appreciate your offer. I may also order it from one of the mail order places. I need some LR primers so the hazmat fee might not seem so steep.

I went to Walmart last week to see if they would order a bottle for me. Lo and behold there were four of them on the shelf. The last time I was there they only carried Triple 7 and Pyrodex. There must have been someone else asking for it. A soon as time allows, I'll be testing it out with the various projectiles I've chosen.

What I've found with Walmart's sporting goods dept's is that if you find something you want/like and they have four or five in stock, buy more than you need because re-stocking might mean a year from now. This early in the season they might re-order powder but I'd buy three and sit on any left over if its that hard to find where you're at. I'd never rely on Walmart to have something like this in stock reliably.

Where are you in Maine, I live in Berwick and there are several places around here besides Wal-Mart that carry it.

If you can get lucky keep a eye out on your local Wal-mart that has Blackhorn 209 on the shelf. Will not be long until they blow it out at 50% off. I have two local Wal-marts I have been keeping a eye on. One has had 6 jugs on the shelf the other has 5 jugs. And been sitting there for some time now. With our ML seasons all closed for the year in Ky it will not be long until I score a deal on a couple jugs I hope.

Try the Maine Powder House. I believe you can’t walk in and pick up?

Latest posts

Back