Lots of rust on your blued Genesis?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furner

Reaction score
I just tore down my Genesis that I got on Friday, and I am finding streaks of rust all over the barrel. Fat chance I can exchange it so I am going over the whole thing with cold blue to pull off all the rust.

Before I do that.. I would call the store and explain the situation to them. A couple things could happen.. they might have an exchange. Or they might offer some free stuff. If you start fixing the problem, then its your problem. I would try some other things first.

cayuga said:
Before I do that.. I would call the store and explain the situation to them. A couple things could happen.. they might have an exchange. Or they might offer some free stuff. If you start fixing the problem, then its your problem. I would try some other things first.

its from Cabelas. I had to stand on my damn head to get one out of them after they took my money. And from what I understand when I talked to them last, they are not getting any more of these.
Id rather just fix it myself anyways since this is a minor problem and I rather not take my chances and get another one with the same problem or something worse.

Furner, have you ever tried a product called Flitz to remove rust? It works very well as long as the rust is not too deep into the metal.

I have not. I have heard of it before but never tried it. Steel wool and Brownells OXPHO-BLUE did the trick this time, but I will pick up some Flitz to have on hand. Thanks!

Back