Low Drag SST's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightfan

Reaction score
I was at dick sporting good and bought a box of low drag 250gr sst's. Sited them in with the Elite. What a really nice bullet and sabot. I was shooting the regular SST's with the black sabot. They were pretty hard going down the barrel but the new low drags are like heaven!!!! I can start them with my thumb!!!!..

I first shot the regulars and they were shooting great. Then shot the low drags. I had to readjust the scope about 6 inches lower. The low drags are just as accurate as the regulars out of my Elite.

Thumbs up from me!!!!

I need to try those in my omega. I can't find a sabot that loads easy even in a clean barrel. My old rem ml will easily take anything you want to stuff with ease but this omega is very very tight bored. I've tried several different so called "easy loads" in it and they're still VERY HARD to load. I'll give these a try and see what happens.

I used to have trouble with loading the Shock Waves,but was taught a trick. They allways shot great,but loaded hard,and the first shot on a clean bore was allways high(about 2-3 inches) at 100yds. Ok,I know you guy's are gonna hate to hear this,but here goes! :) I was told to use a spit patch,then a dry patch,followed by a patch with a LIGHT coating of Bore Butter! Then just take a small dab of BB and coat the sabot.With the sabot/bullet I used,I had to use a ball starter,and push it hard down the barrel, the same bullet/sabot now loads easy(with one hand on the ramrod,and NO ball starter). Better yet is the fact all my shots go to the same POI! :) The gun shoots from under 1 inch,to under 1 1/2 inches at 100yds. I was also told not to dryfire a primer in the gun,or swab out the bore before loading it to hunt. I was a little unsure about this,but tried it this gun season. The gun remained loaded for the first two days of our season this past week. On the last morning a buck stepped out into the edge of the corn field we were hunting. The shot was 162yds. (rangefinder checked). I held a little high on his chest (front shot) and squeezed the trigger. When we went to recover the buck the bullet hit dead center in his chest,right on the money! :) ! The guy that told me about using the BB,said this was one of the ("best kept secrets) in muzzeloading. I have to admit,I'm a happy camper now,don't have any loading problems,the first shot goes where the last one does,and the gun shoots super accurate! :) Ron

knightfan

I believe that the Knight "Low Drag" is a 3 petal MMP -HPH-3p-EZ load sabot in the color read instead of black....

Back